"OpenFlow has proven itself in real-world SDN deployments by leading companies such as Google. Now, we’re giving OpenFlow a high-performance boost,” said Dominique Jodoin, President and CEO of NoviFlow Inc.
MONTREAL, QC, CANADA (PRWEB) December 04, 2012
NoviFlow Inc. emerged from stealth mode today and announced the availability of the NoviKit® 100, the industry’s first switch that fully supports the OpenFlow 1.1 standard and is capable of achieving speeds of 100 gigabytes per second (Gbps). The move positions the company as an early leader in software defined networking (SDN), the network optimization technology that brings the benefits of network virtualization and programmability to large data centers, network operators, cloud and financial service providers.
“OpenFlow has proven itself in real-world SDN deployments by leading companies such as Google. Now, we’re giving OpenFlow a high-performance boost,” said Dominique Jodoin, President and CEO of NoviFlow Inc. “General purpose CPUs are great for many applications, but today’s major data center operators demand switching solutions with genuine wire-speed performance. At NoviFlow, we combine the benefits of virtualization and programmability with processors that can handle complex network flows to make it possible for data centers to keep up with today’s exponentially growing networking demand.”
"The Open Networking Foundation (ONF) was founded to fundamentally rethink how we approach networking, and we are inspired by the rapid adoption of OpenFlow in the marketplace by major operators and vendors," said Dan Pitt, executive director, Open Networking Foundation. "We are pleased to see the continuous efforts by our member companies to innovate and accelerate the creation and adoption of these standards, which bring the benefits of SDN solutions directly to users."
Inside the NoviKit® 100
The NoviKit 100 was specifically designed to provide early adopters of SDN with an OpenFlow switching solution that runs at high performance speeds of 100 Gbps. NoviFlow is the first and only company that currently supplies high performance switches running the full OpenFlow 1.1 protocol at 100 Gbps.
The NoviKit 100 is built on the NP-4 Network Processor platform from EZchip Semiconductor which makes the product easily upgradable to support newer versions of the OpenFlow standard as they are gradually released.
Key features of the NoviKit 100 include:
- A high performance system that features the NoviWare® 100 OpenFlow 1.1 switching software – with demonstrated performance rates of 100 gigabytes per second
- OpenFlow-based SDN, including full support and implementation for the OpenFlow 1.1 specification
- Additional statistics not defined in the OpenFlow standard e.g. summary counters and ability to display error logs, ideal for testing and troubleshooting
- Integration with the market leading NP-4 network processor from EZchip Semiconductor
- Easy installation - Designed for quick set up in any data center, lab or office environment in a compact 1.5U box, stand-alone or rack-mounted, with modular 1 and 10 Gbps port expansion options.
- Command Line Interface (CLI) configuration
- Dynamic configuration loading and reporting via XML
- Proven performance - Lab tested by a tier one Systems Integrator
The NoviKit® 100 switching solution is available immediately. For more information please see: http://www.noviflow.com/content.asp?node=4&lang=en.
About NoviFlow Inc.
NoviFlow Inc. provides high-performance OpenFlow-based switching solutions to data center operators seeking greater control and flexibility over their networks. The company was incorporated in early 2012, after spending more than two years in stealth mode working on its high performance software defined networking switching solution through a collaborative effort with researchers at the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM). Today these OpenFlow experts form the core engineering team of the company. NoviFlow is also the first Canadian company to join the Open Networking Foundation (ONF). For more information, please visit http://www.noviflow.com.
Media and Analyst Contact:
Blue Creek Marketing
Phone: +1 425.442.1806