IASB and FASB Chairmen to Speak in NYC on January 10, 2013
The New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) is partnering with the London-based IASeminars Ltd. to produce its 18th Annual International Financial Reporting Conference on Thursday, January 10, 2013, with optional pre-conference workshops on January 8 & 9, 2013.
New York, NY (PRWEB) November 28, 2012
The transition around the world to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is the most important accounting development in decades. Currently all of Europe and over 100 other countries require or permit the use of IFRS, and many more are in the process of doing so.
The SEC is considering incorporating IFRS into the U.S. financial reporting system. If implemented, this could affect over 12,000 public corporations and up to one million preparers and users of U.S. financial statements.
At the January 10 NYSSA International Financial Reporting Conference, leaders from the IASB and FASB—as well as 18 other important representatives from government, business and finance—will share the latest news about IFRS and the global debate on international accounting harmonization. This conference will also zero in on the needs and concerns of the investment community with regards to financial reporting issues, and will include a technical update session on major FASB and IASB projects. Senior speakers from multinational corporations will also give their views on the IFRS debate, as well as commenting on their ability to meet the needs of financial statement users.
Confirmed Conference Speakers
- Hans Hoogervorst, Chairman, International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)
- Leslie F. Seidman, Chairman, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
- Jenifer Minke-Girard, Office of the Chief Accountant, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Jay Hanson, Board Member, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB)
- Kathy K. Murphy, Chief Accountant, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)
- Robert Herz, former Chairman, U.S. Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
- Marc Siegel, Board Member, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
- Patrick Finnegan, Member, International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)
- Dan Montgomery, Deputy Chair, International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB)
- Joel Osnoss, Global IFRS Leader, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Joseph Longino, Principal, Sandler O'Neill; Member, Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council
- Karyn Brooks, Senior Vice President and Controller, Bell Canada
- Neri Bukspan, Executive Managing Director, Standard & Poor’s
- Steven Buller, Managing Director and Head of Global Accounting Policy, BlackRock, Inc.
- Wallace Enman, Vice President and Senior Credit Officer, Moody’s
- Gary Kabureck, Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer, Xerox Corporation
- Gregg L. Nelson, VP Accounting Policy and Financial Reporting, IBM Corporation
- Pinto Suri, Principal, Prudential Fixed Income Group
- Michael Tovey, Managing Director, Group Accounting Policy, UBS
- Nichole Burnap, Associate Equity Research Analyst, Credit Suisse
For more information about NYSSA’s 18th Annual International Financial Reporting Conference on Thursday, January 10, 2013, with optional pre-conference workshops on January 8 & 9, 2013, please visit http://www.nyssa.org/ifrs or http://www.iaseminars.com.