New York, NY (PRWEB) May 22, 2013
Chaired by high yield bond veteran Martin Fridson, the New York Society of Security Analysts’ 23rd Annual High Yield Bond Conference on June 12, 2013 will give finance professionals an insider’s view of the trillion-dollar market in speculative grade debt. For the first time ever at this conference, a panel will describe the exciting new world of electronic trading in high yield bonds. A half-day high yield bond training session will be held on June 11, 2013 to get attendees up to speed on the high yield bond market.
At the conference, attendees will get a unique perspective on the dynamics and future direction of the high yield market. Experts from asset management, investment banking, and private equity will provide the outlook for default rates, returns, and new issuance. Portfolio managers and strategists will help high yield professionals identify today’s best values. Additionally, a special panel will describe specialized strategies such as short-term high yield, bankruptcy/restructuring investment, and merger arbitrage using low-rated debt.
At the High Yield Bond Tutorial prior to the conference, accomplished industry practitioners will teach attendees how to design and manage a high yield portfolio and how rating agencies evaluate a speculative grade credit. The experts will explain how covenants work and how mutual fund flows influence market performance. Another session will focus on the increasingly important role of exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
The conference agenda features the following subject matter experts:
- Peter Acciavatti, JP Morgan Securities LLC
- Lenny Ajzenman, Moody’s Investors Service
- Constantinos Antoniades, Vega-chi
- Andrew Feltus, CFA, Pioneer Investment Management
- Martin Fridson, CFA, FridsonVision LLC
- Paul Hatfield, Incentra
- Alex Kirk, CFA, River Birch Capital
- Steve Miller, S&P Capital IQ
- George Mueller, KKR Capital Markets, LLC
- Christina Padgett, Moody’s Investors Service
- David Tawil, Maglan Capital
- Bill Vulpis, Knight BondPoint
- Mike Winston, CFA, Winston Capital Partners
- Anne Yobage, CFA, SKY Harbor Capital Management
The half-day tutorial will feature presentations from practitioners with many years of experience in the market:
- Ron Brody, White & Case
- Adam Longenecker, EPFR Global
- Francis G. Rodilosso, CFA, Market Vectors ETFs
- Nicholas R. Sarchese, CFA, Shenkman Capital Management, Inc.
- Mike Simonton, CFA, Fitch Ratings
The conference will be held on June 12, 2013 from 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., and the tutorial will be on June 11, 2013 from 12:00 p.m.–4:15 p.m. at NYSSA Conference Center, 1540 Broadway, Suite 1010, New York, NY 10036.
Please visit http://www.nyssa.org/hyb2013 for a complete agenda and more information.
Established in 1937, the New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) is a leading forum for the investment community. NYSSA’s mission is to promote best practices and the highest professional and ethical standards in the industry. NYSSA is a nonprofit industry organization that provides education and a venue for policymakers and practitioners to discuss the major issues that drive the finance industry and economy. The Society also strives to assist its members and other financial professionals in their career development. With nearly 10,000 members, NYSSA is the largest of the 135 societies of CFA Institute, which has more than 105,000 members globally.