These issues concern not only IT professionals, but also senior management, investors and other important stakeholders,” commented Robin Carey, co-founder and CEO of Social Media Today.
Past News ReleasesRSS
New York, NY (PRWEB) September 26, 2010
On Tuesday, Sept. 28, 2010, MyVenturePad.com will convene the first online global summit to explore the most pressing issues surrounding cloud computing, software as a service, and on-demand computing for the enterprise. This inaugural event will bring together the world’s thought leaders and decision makers to discuss the impact of these new computing technologies on business. The complimentary virtual summit will be held online at http://myventurepad.com/virtual-summit-2010.
OnDemand Computing: Soaring with the Cloud is unique in its focus on the practical aspects of this new technology. Attendees will benefit from a half day of presentations, panel discussions, and one-on-one online conversations with more than a dozen experts on cloud computing, as well as top managers from leading companies who are working in the trenches with on-demand technologies.
The event will feature a keynote by Netflix founder Reed Hastings. Since its launch in the late 1990s, Netflix has been recognized as a revolutionary company. The company has been ranked multiple times as number one in customer satisfaction across all e-commerce-based businesses by independent researcher ForeSee Results. In 2005, Netflix was the winner of Fast Company's national Customers First Award, and in that same year, Time added Hastings to its "Time 100" list of the 100 most-influential global citizens. Hastings will speak about “On-Demand: Built to Last” in a keynote conversation with John Byrne, CEO of C-Change Media and former executive editor-in-chief of BusinessWeek.com and Fast Company.
Other featured speakers include:
- Entrepreneur Albert Wenger
- Brent Leary, co-founder and partner, CRM Essentials LLC
- Brian Alvey, co-creator, Weblogs Inc., home to such category-leading blogs as Engadget, Autoblog, Joystiq, TUAW, TV Squad, and others
- Deborah Farrington, founder and general partner, StarVest Partners
- Doug Merritt, executive vice president, SAP OnDemand Solutions
- Jeffrey M. Kaplan, founder and managing director, THINKstrategies
- Jeff Stiles, senior vice president, SME, Volume and Ecosystem Marketing, SAP AG
- Jim O'Neill, chief information officer, HubSpot
- Jon Shore, vice president, finance and operations, Living Proof
- Kamesh Pemmaraju, head of cloud research, SandHill Group
- Lisa Larson, director, customer care, of drugstore.com
- Robert Barthelmes, executive vice president and general manager, open source solutions, Misys
- Uri Sarid, vice president, engineering, eMeter
- William S. McNee president and CEO, Saugatuck Technology
- Blogger, analyst, and journalist Phil Wainewright, a thought leader in cloud computing, vice president, EuroCloud, and CEO,Procullux Ventures
“OnDemand Computing: Soaring with the Cloud” will provide valuable education and techniques for deploying on-demand technologies, choosing a vendor, maximizing collaboration, enhancing productivity, and reducing costs. Participants will also hear on-demand success stories from many leading companies.
“These issues concern not only IT professionals, but also senior management, investors, and other important stakeholders,” commented Robin Carey, co-founder and CEO of Social Media Today.
“OnDemand Computing: Soaring with the Cloud” will be jointly presented by MyVenturePad and SAP. For more information and to register for this free event, visit: http://myventurepad.com/virtual-summit-2010.
MyVenturePad is the leading social-web destination for thought leaders in the areas of social media, SaaS, finance, venture capital, and management. For more information, visit http://www.myventurepad.com.
# # #