We’ve researched, read and reviewed thousands of websites in an effort to identify the most innovative, engaging and informational sites that we think truly represent the best of the web.
Hoboken, NJ (PRWEB) April 8, 2010
eLearners.com (http://www.elearners.com), a web resource of EducationDynamics, which connects prospective students with online degrees, announced today its first annual Mindshare Awards, which honor the best sites of the web. eLearners.com created the awards to recognize innovative websites that support life-long learning, creativity, professional skills and social responsibility. Sites receiving the honor reach wide and well-established audiences and demonstrate community support by allowing people to connect and learn from one another. Many of the sites also offer tools, instruction and easy-to-follow tips for success.
“The Internet allows us all to be students and to educate ourselves on any topic of interest; however, while the web is an amazing resource, it can be difficult to separate the best from the rest,” said Terrence Thomas, Executive Vice President of Marketing for eLearners.com. “We’ve researched, read and reviewed thousands of websites in an effort to identify the most innovative, engaging and informational sites that we think truly represent the best of the web.”
eLearners.com hand-selected 125 winners from 25 categories by analyzing the tools and resources, community engagement and outreach of thousands of sites.
eLearners.com’s Mindshare Award winners include:
These sites provide professional networking opportunities.
- First Place: LinkedIn - LinkedIn is one of the top professional networking sites online, allowing past and present colleagues and classmates to connect, stay in touch, share information, and network for career advancement.
- Second Place: Biznik - Biznik is a social community of professional entrepreneurs and small business owners dedicated to collaboration and helping one another succeed.
These sites are the top selections for organizing one’s life and living more efficiently.
- First Place: lifeHacker - The ultimate source for tips and shortcuts for every aspect of your personal life. LifeHacker has explored ways to handle, fix, and organize almost anything you can think of.
- Second Place: Zen Habits - Leo Babauta writes about organizing the chaos of daily life to focus on goals in every aspect of life. It's about doing less to achieve more.
These sites provide health and wellness tips, advice and best practices.
- First Place: Runner’s World - Tips, training plans, nutrition advice, race information, running gear, injury prevention and more online.
- Second Place: MindBodyGreen - Founded by Jason Wachob, Carver Anderson, and Tim Glenister, MindBodyGreen is all about better, healthier, greener living with tips, news and interviews.
These sites inform and empower one about the best ways to help others and the world.
- First Place: Change.org - Change.org examines the social and economic problems faced by communities at local, state, national and global levels. They provide a platform for informing and empowering movements for social change.
- Second Place: Charity Navigator - Charity Navigator is the largest independent charity evaluator and leading donor advocate in the U.S., providing detailed information on charitable organizations and empowering donors to make the most of their charitable gifts.
These sites offer insight and advice to help visitors take control over their personal finances.
- First Place: Wise Bread - Three high school buddies founded Wise Bread. Today, they've built up a community of bloggers who provide solid information on how to live well on a small budget.
- Second Place: The Simple Dollar - Trent Hamm of The Simple Dollar once pulled himself out of a financial meltdown and now shares what he learned with others who may be struggling with personal finances.
The other Mindshare Awards categories include: web development, publishing, math, science, visual art, books, education news, sites for kids, higher education, food & recipes, crafts, travel, languages, music, history, social news, games, video, design and employment. To see a complete list of the selected winners, as well as honorable mentions, visit http://www.elearners.com/online-education-awards/.
If your site made the list of top sites it’s easy to show off your 2010 Mindshare Awards. eLearners.com offers two badges that are easy to add to your site for display. To get the badge for your website visit http://www.elearners.com/online-education-awards/awards-badges.asp.
For more information about eLearners.com log on to http://www.elearners.com.
eLearners.com is one of several high visibility websites operated by EducationDynamics. Since 1999, eLearners.com has been successfully connecting learners to online education, including online degree and certificate programs, specialized career training, and a variety of online courses. For prospective students, eLearners.com provides a powerful search engine for users to find thousands of online degree program offerings, as well as educational evaluation tools and financial aid resources. eLearners.com also offers an exclusive seven-point support system, which provides guidance and resources for current and prospective online students. For online colleges and universities, the eLearners.com website offers a low-cost, performance-based method to provide national exposure and increase enrollments in their online learning programs. For more information on eLearners.com, visit http://www.eLearners.com.
EducationDynamics is higher education’s leading marketing information and technology services company dedicated to helping institutions find, enroll and retain students. Its content-rich and highly visible education websites, including EarnMyDegree.com, eLearners.com, GradSchools.com, StudyAbroad.com, and its more than 50 special interest microsites, make EducationDynamics the premier provider of qualified prospective students for colleges and universities. In addition, the company offers a full suite of Web-delivered services proven to drive enrollment growth and reduce student attrition. Through its Market Research and Advisory Services division, the company brings a decade of proprietary research, unparalleled market and student intelligence, and best practice insights to its clients. EducationDynamics is a portfolio company of Halyard Capital. For more information, visit http://www.educationdynamics.com.