London, UK (PRWEB) February 17, 2009
Smooch asked its members if people who have sex on the first date are liberated or simply 'easy' and the response from over 37,000 members was overwhelming: A resounding 65% of men consider such behaviour refreshingly liberated, whilst an equally emphatic 65% of women think it's unacceptable.
Female respondents were cautious and judgemental with comments such as:
- If he wants to do that with you, he's probably tried it with everyone.
- He won't respect you if you do.
- I don't want to be another notch in the bedpost.
Conversely male respondents were eager to see such actions in the best possible light:
- Most of my long term relationships have started with first date sex - the chemistry was irresistible!
- Women who think it's 'easy' are living in the dark ages and that's what I'd find offputting.
- If it feels right do it! I wouldn't date a woman who let calculations override her emotions.
The obvious question has to be however, if so many women consider first date sex unacceptable, precisely who are all these 'liberated' men having first date sex with?
Smooch.com polled 37,540 members over a one week period. Detailed stats & breakdowns available on request.
Established in 2006, Smooch.com is the UK's fastest growing free online dating website. It has all the features of expensive dating sites but is completely free both to join and to use. It's huge and rapidly growing database of members, representing a genuine cross section of UK society, permits quick polls of unprecedented size and authority to be taken within a time span of a few hours.