OOTP 13 has further established itself as the gold standard of sports games, video or computer.
(PRWEB) April 09, 2012
OOTP Developments is proud to announce the release of Out of the Park Baseball 13, the most immersive version yet of their best-selling, critically-acclaimed baseball sim. The game can be found here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/out-of-the-park-baseball/
Seamheads, among many other web sites, has already weighed in favorably after putting a preview copy through its paces, saying: "OOTP 13 has further established itself as the gold standard of sports games, video or computer. You cannot exhaust the possibilities that exist in this version."
OOTP 13: Perhaps The Best Sports Simulation Game Ever:
Last summer, OOTP Developments received its highest accolades ever when Curt Schilling, likely Hall-of-Famer and former pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Boston Red Sox, stopped by OOTP's online forum to proclaim OOTP "the only baseball sim I've ever gotten addicted to."
"OOTP 13 is the most in-depth version of the game we've shipped yet," said lead developer and lifelong baseball fan Markus Heinsohn. "Our goal is to make players feel like they're in the shoes of a major league general manager, and we accomplished that this year."
OOTP 13 runs on the PC, Mac, and Linux operating systems and offers the following new features:
- 2012 major league teams and rosters, along with rule changes introduced by the new major league labor agreement, including Houston's AL West move in 2013 and a second wild card team in each major league, starting with the 2012 playoffs.
• All minor league rosters are included too, along with international leagues such as Japan's. New this year is the inclusion of historical statistics for those players, which number in the thousands.
- Real-Time Simulation Mode, which gives players a GM's view on what's happening in their league in real-time, including scores of games in progress, notifications of important events, and more. They can even jump into any game and watch it play out, or take the reins of their club and start making decisions.
Real-Time Simulation Mode is perfect for those final days of the season when playoff berths are on the line.
- Interactive Storylines also offer greater immersion by giving players choices when situations arise. Do they punish a star player who behaves badly or do they ignore his antics? No two decisions are ever alike, and they have wide-ranging effects on injuries, fan interest, team chemistry, player morale, player ratings, player potential, owner attitudes, and much more.
- A revamped pitching model that more accurately reflects pitching in the real world, where close to 90% of pitchers are typically drafted as starters and later become relievers for various reasons.
- Players can now create Associations with multiple leagues that may share certain rules, free agents, draft pools, and/or playoffs. OOTP 13 also features more custom playoff options, including, for example, first round byes.
- In addition, OOTP 13's interface has been overhauled, online league play has been enhanced, the core gameplay engine has been improved, and more.
OOTP lets players run a major league team from top to bottom, setting lineups and pitching rotations, determining defensive and offensive strategies, and making dozens of game-time decisions, such as when to steal a base or employ a hit-and-run. A play-by-play text stream, combined with a visual representation of what's happening on the field and such audio effects as the crack of the bat and the roar of the crowd, make an OOTP game session feel like a radio broadcast.
Between games, players define scouting budgets, make trades, handle the amateur draft, scour the waiver wire, sign free agents, negotiate contract extensions, demote underperforming players to the minors and call up hot prospects, manage team finances, and more. Many tasks can be delegated to computer-controlled personnel, letting players focus on the aspects of baseball management that appeal to them most.
OOTP also features solo or online play, an historical mode featuring all seasons from 1871 through 2011, the ability to create custom leagues stocked with fictional players, a staggering set of league reports, and a realistic statistical engine based on modern baseball theory such as DIPS (Defense Independent Pitching Statistics).
Athletes perform in a consistent, realistic manner over ten, twenty, even fifty or more simulated years, letting players watch as their own Hall of Fame grows before their eyes. OOTP's innovative FaceGen feature also allows fictional players' photos to automatically change with age and when they switch teams.
OOTP 13 is available now for PC, Mac, and Linux with a $39.99 price tag. More information can be found at http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/out-of-the-park-baseball/
In addition, this year's iOS version of Out of the Park Baseball, iOOTP Baseball 2012, continues to be well-received at the App Store since its release on April 5, 2012. Patrick Jordan at iPad Insight said: "The game is superb. When I was a kid I loved baseball, was fascinated with stats, and played a number of baseball SIM board games – some with friends and some on my own. This game feels like everything I was after back in those days."
iOOTP sells for $4.99 and can be found here:
About Out of the Park Developments
Out of the Park Developments is the developer of the award-winning OOTP series of baseball management simulations, Title Bout Championship Boxing, and Inside the Park Baseball, a role-playing game. German-based OOTP Developments was founded by Markus Heinsohn and Andreas Raht in 1999 and employs two people full-time and three part-time. OOTP Developments has consistently produced games that have met with critical acclaim, including winning Metacritic's coveted "Game of the Year" for the 2007 edition of OOTP. Further information on the company and its games is available from the OOTP Developments website, http://www.ootpdevelopments.com