Cupertino, CA (PRWEB) October 1, 2009
It took just one optimized press release for author Janet Thaeler to see the benefits. As an online marketer for a small business she started with one press release that was written by a PR firm. She added links and keywords and distributed the press release online. For the next five months the press release brought most of the traffic to the web site.
In the new book, "I Need a Killer Press Release, Now What???" Thaeler gives step by step examples of finding news, adding keywords and distributing a press release through online news distribution services like PRWeb. That means not only will the media see the news, but it will be picked up by major online news outlets and blogs. See how promoting news online can pull people from search engines to a web site for years.
"Don't write a press release for online distribution until you read this book. I love Janet Thaeler's easy-to-understand tips and illustrations on how to optimize your press releases for the search engines…this book should be must-reading for journalism students, PR pros, publicists and anyone who writes their own press releases," -- Joan Stewart of The Publicity Hound (PublicityHound.com.)
"I Need a Killer Press Release, Now What??" Reveals:
- Why even old news can continue to bring visitors to a web site for years.
- Free and paid press release news distribution sites that get the best results.
- What free tools exist online to help identify trends and find news stories.
- How to find uncover keywords and use them strategically in a press release.
- Case studies about online press releases and online PR campaigns using social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook.
People are already praising the book for bringing new business for a fraction of what advertising costs. "One client was buying Google Adwords to promote his products. That turned out to be too expensive and not very effective. We wrote a press release that got picked up online by Google. Then online magazines that he thought of advertising in picked up the story. The result? $70k in new business for a $200 press release," said Janet Thaeler, author of the book (and blogger known as Newspapergrl).
- Title: I Need a Killer Press Release, Now What??
- Subtitle: A Guide to Online PR
- Author: Janet Meiners Thaeler
- Price: Paperback $19.95, eBook $14.95
- ISBN: Paperback: 978-1-60005-154-8 (1-60005-154-5)
- ISBN: eBook: 978-1-60005-155-5 (1-60005-155-3)
About Happy About®:
Happy About® books educate, entertain and evoke. You will quickly gain wisdom with our smaller, compact, high-impact books. Visit Happy About at http://happyabout.info and http://42rules.com for more info. For quantity discounts, please contact the publisher, Mitchell Levy at mlevy(at)happyabout(dot)info, 408-257-3000.
If you want to explore publishing a nonfiction business book, we don't need a long book proposal. Please, contact the publisher and ask for the "6 questions" or go to this url: happyabout.info/contribute.php.
A free copy of the book is available to the press upon request. Please send an e-mail to prupdate(at)happyabout(dot)info.
To purchase a copy of "I Need a Killer Press Release, Now What??" go to: http://happyabout.info/killer-press-release.php