We are working to make the overstockArt.com Oil Paintings app available to as many users as possible.
Wichita, Kan. (PRWEB) November 20, 2012
overstockArt.com announces today that its overstockArt.com Oil Paintings application (app) is now available for Kindle Fire devices through the Amazon Appstore for Android. The innovative app, which features an augmented reality tool that allows users to virtually decorate their walls with art from the popular online art gallery, is free to download.
“We are working to make the overstockArt.com Oil Paintings app available to as many users as possible,” said David Sasson, CEO of overstockArt.com. “With our mobile sales having increased more than 40 percent in the past three months, we were driven to design a modified version of our app for Kindle Fire users that makes it easier for them to browse, decorate and shop for our art.”
The Kindle Fire version of the overstockArt.com Oil Paintings app has as all the same features as the original version, optimized for the Kindle Fire. The full features of the app include:
- Decorate on-the-go with the augmented reality “View in a Room” feature. Using the built-in camera, users can take a snapshot of their space and visualize oil paintings hanging on their own wall.
- Browse overstockArt.com’s robust collection of art and search by artist, subject, style or size.
- Browse art and artists from overstockArt.com’s sister company and the new online art community Artist Become (ArtistBe.com).
- Create a personal gallery with the “My Gallery” feature. Select fine art from overstockArt.com and Artist Become’s collection or import images to create a personal gallery.
- Turn photos into hand painted art masterpieces with the retailer’s “Turn Photos into Art” service, now available to use directly on the app.
- Share images and personal galleries via e-mail, Facebook or save images to your photo gallery.
“Our overall mobile strategy is to stay in pace with the evolving landscape of technology and keep up with the times and trends of the mobile realm,” said Sasson. With analysts predicting that Android has grabbed 41 percent of the tablet market (PC Pro), overstockArt.com knew this was the time to move ahead and release the newly optimized version of its app.
“The short-term strategy is to try to give our customers an experience to get more sales and interactions, but the in the long term the goal is to provide our customers with an experience that equals or is at least equivalent to the desktop experience,” stated Sasson.
The overstockArt.com Oil Paintings app is also available for Android mobile phones, iPad and iPhone. To learn more about overstockArt.com’s mobile offerings, visit http://www.overstockart.com/mobileapps.html.