The holiday season is traditionally our busiest sales time of the year, but this is an astounding increase in sales for an e-commerce retailer of any kind...
Wichita, KS (PRWEB) December 29, 2011
The popular home décor retailer, overstockArt.com, is pleased to announce its record holiday season sales. The company’s holiday sales, from Nov. 24 through Dec. 26, saw a 31 percent increase versus the corresponding days in 2010. This increase is more than 27 percent higher than the 3.8 percent holiday sales increase predicted by The National Retail Federation.
Highlights from overstockArt.com’s holiday shopping period, Nov. 24 to Dec. 26, include:
- 31 percent increase in overall sales
- 16 percent increase in order placements
- 335 percent increase in mobile sales
- Mobile sales made up 8 percent of the holiday sales, versus 2 percent in 2010.
- 25 percent increase in overall site traffic
- 119 percent increase in mobile site traffic
November sales surpassed last year’s month-to-month numbers by more than 25 percent. In fact, November sales have broken the previous record holder for best sales month, which was December 2010. Contributing to November sales success was business from the five-day Thanksgiving shopping period, Nov. 24 to Nov. 28.
Highlights from the Thanksgiving shopping period, in comparison to the same extended shopping period in 2010, include:
- Broke its single day sales record on Black Friday, making Nov. 25, 2011 the e-commerce site’s largest retail day in its history.
- 74 percent growth in sales revenue
- Black Friday sales increased 161 percent and order placement increased 96 percent
- Cyber Monday sales increased 51 percent and order placement increased 29 percent
- 38 percent order placement increase
- 50 percent site traffic increase
“The holiday season is traditionally our busiest sales time of the year, but this is an astounding increase in sales for an e-commerce retailer of any kind,” said David Sasson, founder and CEO of overstockArt.com. In fact, overstockArt.com’s increased sales were 16 percent higher than most e-retailers this holiday season. According to data published by the Internet tracking firm ComScore, Inc., retail e-commerce spending was up 15 percent this holiday season.
overstockArt.com attributes its holiday sales growth to effective marketing tactics, system speed and ease of access, innovative web tools, exemplary customer relations, and robust inventory, along with the company’s newly launched mobile strategy which includes a mobile website and innovative mobile apps.
Founded in 2002, overstockArt.com is one the web’s most successful distributors of wall décor items with more than 20,000 daily visitors and 120,000 loyal customers. With more than 100,000 wall décor combinations to choose from in stock at all times, overstockArt.com has become a premier shopping destination for fine art reproductions online. The Wichita, Kan. based online art gallery was named to Inc. Magazine’s 2010 and 2011 Inc. 5000 lists, Internet Retailer magazine’s 2012 Hot 100 list and inaugural Second 500 Guide, and was recognized with the STELLAService Seal for excellent customer service. For more information, visit http://www.overstockart.com/press-room.html.