paidContent 2012 will examine what’s working, what isn’t and what’s next for the ever-changing world of digital content.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) March 08, 2012
GigaOM, a leading business and technology media company, today announced the initial speaker lineup for the third annual paidContent 2012, the forum solely focused on the economics of digital content. Senior executives from the media, information and entertainment industries will gather to debate and discuss content business models on May 23, 2012 at the The TimesCenter in New York City.
The past year has seen the rise of tablets and the accelerated transition of magazines from print to digital; the rapid ascent of ebooks and the slow descent of bookstores. More online video was consumed in 2012 than ever before, but in ever-decreasing lengths. With the media business at this critical point in its evolution, paidContent 2012 will focus on strategies for maximizing and monetizing content.
The speaker roster features innovators who are shaping the content industry and leaders who continue to make their mark, including:
- Brian Bedol, Founder and CEO, Bedrocket Media Ventures
- Rob Grimshaw, Managing Director, FT.com
- Larry Kramer, Founder, MarketWatch & Author of C-Scape
- Jon Miller, Chief Digital Officer, News Corp.
- John Paton, CEO, Digital First Media
- Bob Sauerberg, President, Condé Nast
- Vivian Schiller, Chief Digital Officer, NBC News
- Jonathan Shar, General Manager, Digital Newsstand and Emerging Content, Barnes & Noble
- Fred Wilson, Managing Partner, Union Square Ventures
As branded content becomes more sophisticated and the cloud shifts the way media is sold, stored, shared and distributed, new forms of digital revenue streams are multiplying. And all this disruption is happening at breakneck speed. Under the theme “At the Crossroads,” paidContent 2012 will examine what’s working, what isn’t and what’s next for the ever-changing world of digital content.
Developed by Staci D. Kramer and the editorial team at paidContent, the program features headline interviews and conversations with groundbreakers in media, finance, publishing and entertainment, as well as actionable research findings. Key topics include:
- The future of publishing in a post-tablet world
- Content discoverability and its impact on business models
- The dynamics of the e-book market bull
- The app economy for content producers: Holy Grail or Dead End?
- New thinking in pricing, tiering and bundling media
- Finding the apogee between creativity and business value
- Video’s attention and revenue paradox
- Paywall payoff
paidContent 2012 is more than a conference. It’s where the biggest players in media gather to help shape the future of the industry by revealing their strategic successes, misses and plans for the future. New speakers are being added weekly, and more details on speakers, sessions and registration are at http://paidcontent.org/event/paidcontent-2012/.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM has grown into the leading independent voice on emerging technologies and the disruption of media. The GigaOM news network’s online audience of 6 million monthly unique readers relies on its definitive coverage of cloud, mobile, cleantech, consumer web and media. GigaOM Events bring together the people innovating, shaping and defining the ongoing evolution of the technology industry. GigaOM Pro offers the highest quality research and analysis of emerging technology markets and the companies making a difference in those sectors.