Parasoft C++test teaches our development teams better coding habits so that we can make our source code more fault-tolerant; more robust
Monrovia, CA (Vocus) October 28, 2008
Parasoft Embedded, leading provider of solutions and services that deliver quality as a continuous process throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) for embedded and real time systems, announced today the new release of Parasoft C++test, an integrated C/C++ toolkit for automating a broad range of best practices proven to improve software development team productivity and software quality.
The latest release, which helps development teams produce better code, test it more efficiently, and consistently monitor progress towards their quality goals, will be featured at Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, October 26-30.
Delivering higher development efficiency, improved quality, and reduced time to market
As the software components in embedded systems are becoming increasingly critical, the attention to quality in embedded software increases across the board. To address this challenge, Parasoft C++test helps development teams realize code quality throughout the development lifecycle--using a synergy of time-proven techniques for early defect prevention, assisted by automation for implementation and monitoring.
"Parasoft C++test teaches our development teams better coding habits so that we can make our source code more fault-tolerant; more robust," stated Gary Malfa, Software Engineer at Bovie Medical. "We are able to get our product to market approximately 6 months sooner with Parasoft Embedded solutions."
- Next-generation unit testing framework significantly reduces the time and effort required to create black-box functional tests. Through a graphical interface, developers can rapidly define tests without having to worry about code complexities or dependencies--as well as parameterize the tests to increase coverage with minimal effort. C++test generates pure C or C++ tests for the specified test values, using a format similar to CppUnit.
- New support for widely-used embedded environments such as the latest versions of Wind River Workbench, Microsoft Windows Mobile, QNX, and ARM Real View Development Suite. This provides direct access to the industry's most comprehensive set of defect prevention and detection practices within an even wider range of embedded development platforms.
- Substantially expanded static analysis capabilities expose additional categories of critical runtime errors related to memory, threading, and security vulnerabilities without runtime error detection, which often is not feasible for embedded development. Additionally, the latest release provides out-of-the box checking for the MISRA 2008 C++ standard for automotive systems.
"Parasoft C+test has a proven track record helping top organizations automate a broad scope of software validation practices within the team's development environment, from the earliest phases of the SDLC," stated, Sergei Sokolov, General Manager of Parasoft Embedded. "This is critical for achieving a sustainable and auditable quality process--one that not only addresses the formalized set of coding guidelines being articulated by various organizations, but also establishes the process maturity now mandated across many industries--notably avionics, transportation, medical devices, and industrial automation."
- Increase team development productivity.
- Achieve more with existing development resources
- Build on the code base with confidence
- Gain instant visibility into C and C++ code quality and readiness
- Reduce support costs
For more information about Parasoft Embedded announcement and capabilities, please visit:
http://www.parasoft-embedded.com or email info @ parasoft-embedded.com
About Parasoft Embedded
Parasoft Embedded, a division of Parasoft Corporation, develops and markets embedded development tools and solutions that leverage proven software verification methods to achieve greater productivity, shorter time to market, and significantly fewer software defects. We help developers code smarter and test faster by capturing human intelligence and converting it into repeatable processes.
About Parasoft Corporation
For 20 years, Parasoft has investigated how and why software errors are introduced into applications. Our solutions leverage this research to deliver quality as a continuous process throughout the SDLC. This promotes strong code foundations, solid functional components, and robust business processes. Whether you are delivering Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA), evolving legacy systems, or improving quality processes--draw on our expertise and award-winning products to increase productivity and the quality of your business applications. http://www.parasoft.com.
(626) 275-2434 - Office
(626) 230-4202 - Mobile
erika @ parasoft.com