New York, NY (PRWEB) October 22, 2008
Parenting magazine gives moms a head-start on the annual holiday hunt for the perfect toy in its November issue: 25 of the year's most fun, innovative and educational toys, tested by hundreds of children around the country, then rated with a final stamp of approval by moms.
Only those toys that passed the "Mom Test" made Parenting's list - meaning no games with hundreds of little pieces that will end up all over the living room floor, no stuffed animals with annoying musical jingles and no off switch, and no gadgets that moms will spend more time putting together than their kids will end up playing with!
Parenting.com Shopping Channel: Watch, Click, Buy
To kick off the holiday shopping season, Parenting.com introduces the Parenting.com Shopping Channel, a new online video commerce tool developed by BrainBox Digital that enables users to make purchases while they view videos of Parenting editors discussing their favorite product recommendations. The Parenting.com Shopping Channel launches with a series of shopping guide videos highlighting the Mom-Tested Toys of the Year and the Parenting.com Video Game Cheat Sheet, a guide to choosing the right video games for kids.
Parenting.com Toys of the Year Giveaway
Parenting.com will be giving away every toy in the Mom-Tested Toys of the Year feature - valued at over $1000 - to one lucky winner! For official rules and to enter, visit http://www.parenting.com/giveaways.
Parenting's best toys of 2008 include:
Birth to 1-1/2
'Round the Farm, ALEX
Explore & Learn Helicopter, VTech
Yookidoo Discovery Playhouse, International Playthings
Play Time Activity Center, Infantino
Puppetivity Pal, Earlyears
Count & Compose Piano, Baby Einstein Company
1-1/2 to 3
Ducati Monster, Chicco
Playskook Clipo Creativity Table, Hasbro
Flip Book, Haba
Laugh & Learn Smart Spin Pony, Fisher-Price
50's Diner, Step2
3 to 5
Guess What I Am!, TechnoSource
My Little Pony So Soft Make Me Better Rarity the Unicorn, Hasbro
Octopus Puzzle, ImagiPlay
KidiJamz Studio, VTech
Cookware and Dining Set, Green Toys Inc.
5 to 8
Pengoloo, Blue Orange
FlyTech Butterfly, WowWee
Hyper Jump, Wild Planet
Didj Custom Gaming System, LeapFrog
Royal Rescue, Educational Insights
8 to 12
UNO Flash, Mattel
Pictionary Man, Mattel
Car Design Studio, ArtLab
See all of the Parenting magazine Mom-Tested Toys of the Year.
A one-stop resource for time-saving tips and holiday advice for moms, the Parenting.com Holiday Survival Guide will also feature:
- The Parenting Toy Hall of Fame: 2008 inductees to this collection of classic toys include Rubik's Cube, Tickle Me Elmo, Sorry! and Barrel of Monkeys.
- The 2008 Parenting Holiday Gift Guide: Parenting's picks for everyone on your list, with special gifts for baby's first holiday, toys under $15, gifts for grandparents and more. (Launches November 18)
- Parenting.com Holiday Cookie Contest: Starting November 18, enter your favorite cookie recipe for the chance to win a $250 gift card to Williams-Sonoma. Check out great-tasting, easy-to-make cookies and past contest winners in Parenting.com's Recipes section.
- Holiday Fashion for Kids Gallery: The cutest, most comfortable holiday outfits for kids - at affordable prices.
- Give More, Spend Less: Money-saving strategies to get the stockings stuffed without empting out the wallet.
- Holiday Crafts: Dozens of fun, easy ideas bursting with holiday cheer that kids and parents can create together.
- Holiday Travel Tips: Parenting's advice for making the journey less stressful when families travel with the kids in tow.
- Holiday Health & Safety: Protect kids from the season's biggest safety hazards - dangerous tree trimmings, unsafe toys, food risks and more.
- Time-Saving Holiday Strategies: Get the gifts wrapped, turkey roasted and the songs sung without missing a beat.
- Holiday Home Shortcuts: Chic and simple design shortcuts to get the house guest-ready in no time.
Parenting, with a guaranteed circulation of 2,150,000 and a readership of over 11 million, is the nation's premier magazine for moms. It provides the emotional support and affirmation they want and the mom-tested information and ideas they can really use. Parenting is the flagship magazine of The Parenting Group, which includes the monthly Babytalk magazine and its siblings Babytalk First Months and Babytalk Mom-to-Be. The Parenting Group's other extensions include: Parenting.com; MomConnection®, an online research tool; and a custom content unit. Taken cumulatively, Parenting Group properties deliver over 20 million consumer touchpoints each month. The Parenting Group is a division of Bonnier Corporation.