Carl Walker Construction can evaluate the total restoration needs of a parking garage and then structure a comprehensive annual maintenance program that will extend the life of the garage.
Pittsburgh, PA (PRWEB) April 14, 2009
Carl Walker Construction, experts in parking garage construction, parking garage restoration and parking structures are experiencing an increasing demand for design-build parking garage construction, parking garage restoration and mixed-use parking structure construction in
both the private and public sector.
With the design-build format, the owner hires a construction firm who handles the design, engineering and construction. The design, budget and timeline are prepared as one package.
"From a cost savings standpoint, design build is ideal for new parking garage construction because it lowers engineering costs by eliminating multiple layers of engineering consultants," states Len Tsupros, President of Carl Walker Construction, " It also lowers construction costs by shortening the construction time."
Today, with construction budgets being reduced and very closely monitored, design build is the ideal solution. Carl Walker Construction is delivering a quality design for less money by offering streamlined processing and comprehensive service through a single source.
The benefits of design/build parking garage construction include:
- One point of contact - for design, engineering and construction responsibility.
- Time savings - since design and construction phases overlap.
- Price certainty - the price can be established before the owner solicits proposals for construction.
- Cost control - builder is involved in the design process, and has control over the design features.
- Owner avoids conflicts and disputes - because the designer and builder are part of the same entity.
- Better risk management - since the design and construction are performed by the same entity.
Parking Garage Restoration is also being taken more seriously in today's budget-driven market, as it can also significantly extend the lifespan of existing parking garages. With budgets for new construction being severely cut or eliminated, parking garage maintenance and restoration is becoming increasingly more important, as well as a necessity. "The smart choice is to pay a reasonable amount on an annual basis for parking garage maintenance and repairs, rather than a large amount later to reconstruct the garage." states Joe White, Vice President of Carl Walker Construction, "Carl Walker Construction can evaluate the total restoration needs of a parking garage and then structure a comprehensive annual maintenance program that will extend the life of the garage."
Carl Walker Construction is experienced in all phases of steel and concrete rehabilitation. Their parking garage restoration services include:
- Vertical and horizontal concrete repair
- Overhead concrete replacement
- Full-depth concrete replacement
- Post-tensioning and post-tensioning repair
- Carbon fiber installation
- Steel plating and bracing
- Plaza rehabilitation
- Deck waterproofing systems, including joint sealants, traffic deck coatings, concrete sealers and expansion joint sealing systems
Mixed-use parking structures are also becoming more appealing, especially where public dollars are allocated. Mixed-use parking structures help generate a tax revenue for cities and localities. Instead of a parking garage just serving a single-purpose, retail and commercial space are incorporated into the garage.
Carl Walker Construction specializes in parking garage construction, parking garage restoration, parking structures and mix-used parking structures for the following:
casino parking garages and parking structures, hospital parking garages, college and university parking garages, corporate parking garages, commercial parking garages and parking structures, airport parking garages, and government parking garages and parking structures. Carl Walker Construction is known throughout Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, New York and New Jersey for its expertise in parking garage construction, parking garage restoration, parking structures and mixed-use parking structures. For more information, contact LenTsupros, President of Carl Walker Construction at 412-490-2924 or visit Carl Walker Construction's web site at http://www.carlwalkerconstruction.com