The licensed home and flood insurance experts at Pasadena Insurance can help protect your assets and have saved Houston residents thousands of dollars in costly damages since 1936.
Houston, TX (PRWEB) May 30, 2013
Hurricane season begins June 1, and in preparation, the nation is currently in the midst of Hurricane Preparedness Week. As a reminder to Texas businesses and homeowners to be alert and proactive in this season of elevated risk, Pasadena Insurance, Houston’s leading risk management, home and business insurance agency, offers tips to keep safe during the most hurricane vulnerable months.
Before a hurricane hits, it is suggested that those in its path do the following:
1. Inspect and secure roofs, drains and gutters. Ensure all parts of a home or business are in top working condition and secure so items do not break off in high winds.
2. Cover all windows and reinforce doors as protection from flying debris.
Double reinforce entry doors and garage doors. If a garage door is old or weak, consider replacement. Cover windows with materials to keep from breaking and/or allowing projectiles inside. Anchor all outside equipment and structures.
3. Remove tree branches as potential airborne missiles. Consider taking any old or rotting trees or branches down to avoid additional projectiles.
4. Gather and assemble emergency supplies. Stock up on flashlights, water and canned food. Have a plan for when the hurricane hits and be sure everyone has a safe place to take cover.
5. If evacuation is necessary, shut off power, gas and water. Take only small valuables and important papers. Give pets food and water (shelters may not admit animals). Lock the home or business. Leave (if possible) in daylight. Allow plenty of time to get to a relocation site. Drive carefully to designated shelter using recommended routes.
Hurricanes can bring high levels of rain and wind which can damage homes and businesses. It is estimated that every inch of flooding will cost $7,000 to fix, if unprotected. The licensed home and flood insurance experts at Pasadena Insurance can help protect your assets and have saved Houston residents thousands of dollars in costly damages since 1936. To learn more about home and flood insurance policies and how Pasadena Insurance can make sure your home or business is covered, visit https://www.pasins.com/individuals-families/flood-insurance.
About Pasadena Insurance Agency:
Pasadena Insurance Agency, Inc (PIAI) is a Trusted Choice® independent insurance and risk management firm. They are a third-generation, family-owned, boutique independent insurance agency offering property & casualty insurance, life & health insurance, and consultative risk management services to individuals and small-to medium-sized businesses.
Having been in business for over 75 years, they have access to the majority of the insurance marketplace either through direct appointments or intermediaries resulting in the appropriate alignment of insurance carrier to clients. PIAI offers a friendly, community-based agency with personalized customer service, while also providing the capabilities of a large corporate agency with established industry relationships and decades of experience. For more information, please visit http://www.pasins.com.