(PRWEB) June 20, 2012
A new report from StrutPatent.com details the top recipients of patents issued in the Unites States. The data in the report provides information on the latest patents, including a comparison to the previous week’s patents as well as insight on the inventors and assignees that were issued the most patents on June 19, 2012.
Total Patents Issued: 4,412
Top 10 Categories (categories with the most new patents issued):
- Physics - Computing; Calculating; Counting (712)
- Electricity - Electric Communication Technique (566)
- Electricity - Basic Electric Elements (357)
- Human Necessities - Medical Or Veterinary Science; Hygiene (297)
- Physics - Measuring; Testing (201)
- Mechanical Engineering; Lighting; Heating; Weapons; Blasting - Engineering Elements Or Units; General Measures For Producing And Maintaining Effective Functioning Of Machines Or Installations; Thermal Insulation In General (90)
- Physics - Information Storage (85)
- Human Necessities - Agriculture; Forestry; Animal Husbandry; Hunting; Trapping; Fishing (82)
- Physics - Photography; Cinematography; Analogous Techniques Using Waves Other Than Optical Waves; Electrography; Holography (80)
- Physics - Optics (77)
Top 10 Inventors (inventors with the most new patents issued):
- Kukjin Han (9)
- John L. Grossenbacher (7)
- Tom Wauters (7)
- Michael Sieger (6)
- Jeremy Amidon (4)
- Sachin R. Vargantwar (4)
- Joel Paul Steele (4)
- Giang Manh La (4)
- Patryk Adamczyk (4)
- Tedford Chan (4)
Top 10 Organizations / Assignees (organizations / assignees with the most new patents issued):
- International Business Machines Corporation (64)
- Sony Corporation (57)
- Panasonic Corporation (48)
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (46)
- Canon Kabushiki Kaisha (43)
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. (41)
- Kabushiki Kaisha Toshiba (38)
- Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. (36)
- Seiko Epson Corporation (30)
- Microsoft Corporation (30)
This week the total number of patents was much lower than its previously been. May and June patents were averaging around 5,400 a week so the drop this week is quite significant. While International Business Machines Corporation is still the top assignee again this week, they secured only a little more than a third of the number of patents they received last week.
The top patent category was also a good deal lower than last week, though categories lower on the list ended up with slightly more patents on June 19th. The only new category to make the list was Human Necessities - Agriculture; Forestry; Animal Husbandry; Hunting; Trapping; Fishing.
There was a completely new list of inventors this week, but things were looking up for them. It was the only group of the three that saw higher numbers with the top inventor this week, Kukjin Han, receiving a third more patents than last week’s top inventor.
To search for patents or learn more about Strut Patent, LLC., please visit: StrutPatent.com
StrutPatent.com, a patent search portal powered by Strut Patent, LLC., uses high quality data to provide inventors and businesses with the ability to quickly and easily research patents to find information on inventors and application specifics, obtain summaries of inventions and view drawings associated with a particular patent . StrutPatent.com features comprehensive, yet user-friendly patent search tools, weekly updates on newly issued patents, patent directories, information about patent applications, inventors, assignees, patent numbers, patents grants, patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and other like services and resources.