(PRWEB) August 03, 2012
StrutPatent.com has released a new patent report that provides information on the top recipients of patents in the U.S. This week’s report outlines the latest patents, provides comparisons to last week’s patents and lists the inventors and assignees that were issued the most patents on July 31, 2012.
Total Patents Issued: 4,617
Top 10 Categories (categories with the most new patents issued):
- Physics - Computing; Calculating; Counting (750)
- Electricity - Electric Communication Technique (501)
- Electricity - Basic Electric Elements (413)
- Human Necessities - Medical Or Veterinary Science; Hygiene (373)
- Physics - Measuring; Testing (199)
- Physics - Information Storage (103)
- Human Necessities - Agriculture; Forestry; Animal Husbandry; Hunting; Trapping; Fishing (101)
- Mechanical Engineering; Lighting; Heating; Weapons; Blasting - Engineering Elements Or Units; General Measures For Producing And Maintaining Effective Functioning Of Machines Or Installations; Thermal Insulation In General (86)
- Electricity - Generation, Conversion, Or Distribution Of Electric Power (83)
- Physics - Photography; Cinematography; Analogous Techniques Using Waves Other Than Optical Waves; Electrography; Holography (83)
Top 10 Inventors (inventors with the most new patents issued):
- Jonathan Eric Gleasman (6)
- James Lee (6)
- Maverick Velasco (6)
- Thomas E. McClaskie (6)
- Aili Kivistik (5)
- Denise Michele Trabona (5)
- Andrew W. Phillips (5)
- Pedro Javier Garcia Mira (5)
- Gerhard Gumpoltsberger (4)
- Min Cheol Hong (4)
Top 10 Organizations / Assignees (organizations / assignees with the most new patents issued):
- International Business Machines Corporation (159)
- Panasonic Corporation (51)
- Microsoft Corporation (46)
- Canon Kabushiki Kaisha (41)
- Sony Corporation (38)
- Kabushiki Kaisha Toshiba (38)
- Hitachi, Ltd. (33)
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (31)
- LG Electronics Inc. (31)
- GM Global Technology Operations LLC (28)
The last week of July patents was significantly down compared to the weeks prior. There were nearly 1,000 less total patents issued and all three list toppers saw a significant drop, especially the top category Physics - Computing; Calculating; Counting. It stayed at the top of the list where it’s been all year, but with 227 less patents than last week.
Min Cheol Hong was the only inventor from last week to make it on the list again on this week, maintaining his 10th spot. However, this week the top inventors only received 6 patents, far below the impressive 10 secured by Bin Li just seven days before.
Nine out of ten of the top assignees from July 24th made it back on the list this week. Most notable was that the majority managed to secure more patents than last week despite the huge drop in the number of patents that were issued.
To search for patents or learn more about Strut Patent, LLC., please visit: StrutPatent.com
StrutPatent.com, a patent search portal powered by Strut Patent, LLC., uses high quality data to provide inventors and businesses with the ability to quickly and easily research patents to find information on inventors and application specifics, obtain summaries of inventions and view drawings associated with a particular patent . StrutPatent.com features comprehensive, yet user-friendly patent search tools, weekly updates on newly issued patents, patent directories, information about patent applications, inventors, assignees, patent numbers, patents grants, patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and other like services and resources.