(PRWEB) May 27, 2012
The latest StrutPatent.com report gives readers an in depth look at the top recipients of patents issued by the USPTO. The new report gives readers information on the latest patents, including how this week compares to previous weeks and details on the inventors and assignees that received the most patents issued on May 22, 2012.
Total Patents Issued: 5,313
Top 10 Categories (categories with the most new patents issued):
- Physics - Computing; Calculating; Counting (748)
- Electricity - Electric Communication Technique (591)
- Electricity - Basic Electric Elements (466)
- Human Necessities - Medical Or Veterinary Science; Hygiene (362)
- Physics - Measuring; Testing (271)
- Electricity - Basic Electronic Circuitry (107)
- Physics - Optics (104)
- Performing Operations; Transporting - Physical Or Chemical Processes Or Apparatus In General (93)
- Physics - Information Storage (91)
- Mechanical Engineering; Lighting; Heating; Weapons; Blasting - Engineering Elements Or Units; General Measures For Producing And Maintaining Effective Functioning Of Machines Or Installations; Thermal Insulation In General (90)
Top 10 Inventors (inventors with the most new patents issued):
- Tatsuya Hotta (8)
- Tetsuya Nakagawa (8)
- Benjamin Grenet (8)
- Guillaume Amphyon (8)
- Warren Bosomworth (8)
- Berk Keskin (7)
- Matthew Leigh Vroom (7)
- Benjamin Edwards Maskell (7)
- Ingve Holmung (6)
- Stephanie Ann Grotta (5)
Top 10 Organizations / Assignees (organizations / assignees with the most new patents issued):
- International Business Machines Corporation (93)
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (63)
- Panasonic Corporation (59)
- Canon Kabushiki Kaisha (59)
- Microsoft Corporation (45)
- Kabushiki Kaisha Toshiba (42)
- Sony Corporation (39)
- LG Electronics Inc. (37)
- Hitachi, Ltd. (36)
- Fujitsu Limited (34)
Overall, this week’s patents While the first half of the categories list is a mirror image of the patents issued on May 15, 2012, the second half is a different story. Electricity - Basic Electronic Circuitry, Performing Operations; Transporting - Physical Or Chemical Processes Or Apparatus In General and Mechanical Engineering; Lighting; Heating; Weapons; Blasting are all new to the list this week.
Those following the weekly report won’t be surprised to see International Business Machines Corporation at the top of the assignees list. More noteworthy is Samsung’s big jump from the number 9 spot last week to number 2 this week. Kabushiki Kaisha Toshiba took over General Electric’s number 6 spot, and Hitachi, Ltd. regained its top 10 status while Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. dropped back off the list all together.
There’s a whole new list of top 10 inventors, and even though no one got as many patents as last week’s top spots, the overall number of patents the inventors received is higher this week.
To search for patents or learn more about Strut Patent, LLC., please visit: StrutPatent.com
StrutPatent.com, a patent search portal powered by Strut Patent, LLC., uses high quality data to provide inventors and businesses with the ability to quickly and easily research patents to find information on inventors and application specifics, obtain summaries of inventions and view drawings associated with a particular patent . StrutPatent.com features comprehensive, yet user-friendly patent search tools, weekly updates on newly issued patents, patent directories, information about patent applications, inventors, assignees, patent numbers, patents grants, patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and other like services and resources.