(PRWEB) May 30, 2012
The newest StrutPatent.com report allows readers to get an in-depth look at the top recipients of patents issued by the United States Patent and Trade Office. The report gives readers details on the latest patents, including how this week compares to the weeks before as well as details on the inventors and assignees that received the most patents issued on May 29, 2012.
Total Patents Issued: 5,726
Top 10 Categories (categories with the most new patents issued):
- Physics - Computing; Calculating; Counting (922)
- Electricity - Electric Communication Technique (693)
- Electricity - Basic Electric Elements (486)
- Human Necessities - Medical Or Veterinary Science; Hygiene (445)
- Physics - Measuring; Testing (255)
- Physics - Information Storage (124)
- Chemistry; Metallurgy - Organic Chemistry (122)
- Physics - Photography; Cinematography; Analogous Techniques Using Waves Other Than Optical Waves; Electrography; Holography (110)
- Physics - Optics (104)
- Mechanical Engineering; Lighting; Heating; Weapons; Blasting - Engineering Elements Or Units; General Measures For Producing And Maintaining Effective Functioning Of Machines Or Installations; Thermal Insulation In General (104)
Top 10 Inventors (inventors with the most new patents issued):
- Shannon Tyler Moore (10)
- Donald Somerset McKenzie (10)
- Kevin Roy Sugden (10)
- James D. Welch (6)
- Anders Fahrendorff (6)
- George Scott Kerr (6)
- Benjamin Grenet (6)
- Warren Bosomworth (6)
- Guillaume Amphyon (6)
- Royce A. Levien (5)
Top 10 Organizations / Assignees (organizations / assignees with the most new patents issued):
- International Business Machines Corporation (82)
- Canon Kabushiki Kaisha (65)
- Microsoft Corporation (64)
- Panasonic Corporation (64)
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (51)
- Kabushiki Kaisha Toshiba (48)
- Fujitsu Limited (47)
- General Electric Company (46)
- Sony Corporation (44)
- LG Electronics Inc. (34)
This week pushed the total May patents over 27,000 and produced more patents than any other week in the month. Despite the overall increase, the top assignee, International Business Machines Corporation, saw an over 10% drop in the number of patents they received. As for the other assignees, General Electric worked its way back onto the list in the number 8 spot and Hitachi, Ltd. fell off from the number 9 spot it held last week.
Inventors were busy this week with three inventors from last week, Benjamin Grenet, Warren Bosomworth and Guillaume Amphyon, making it onto the top ten list again this week. However, none of them were able to claim the top spot which went to three other inventors that received a respectful 10 patents each.
It should come as no surprise that Physics - Computing; Calculating; Counting has retained its long running spot at the top of the Categories list. Chemistry; Metallurgy - Organic Chemistry and Physics - Photography; Cinematography; Analogous Techniques Using Waves Other Than Optical Waves; Electrography; Holography were the only new categories to make the list this week.
To search for patents or learn more about Strut Patent, LLC., please visit: StrutPatent.com
StrutPatent.com, a patent search portal powered by Strut Patent, LLC., uses high quality data to provide inventors and businesses with the ability to quickly and easily research patents to find information on inventors and application specifics, obtain summaries of inventions and view drawings associated with a particular patent . StrutPatent.com features comprehensive, yet user-friendly patent search tools, weekly updates on newly issued patents, patent directories, information about patent applications, inventors, assignees, patent numbers, patents grants, patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and other like services and resources.