This new laptop PC is an incredible new design that is specifically engineered by Toshiba to meet the needs of mobile professionals and is available at an extremely attractive price.
IRVINE, Calif. (PRWEB) October 14, 2008
"Toshiba continues to assert its expertise in the ultraportable market place by today's release of the mainstream Portégé A600," said Carl Pinto, vice president, product development and marketing, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. "This new laptop PC is an incredible new design that is specifically engineered by Toshiba to meet the needs of mobile professionals and is available at an extremely attractive price."
Multimedia: Toshiba Portégé A600
Toshiba's Portégé A600 includes the following leading-edge technologies:
EasyGuard® Technology(5): Toshiba's Portégé A600 laptop features Toshiba's fourth-generation EasyGuard Technology with PC Health Monitor. This new feature is a preventative maintenance utility that continuously checks the performance and functionality of a laptop's critical hardware components and will alert users when the system is in need of a tune up. PC Health Monitor tracks the status of critical components, such as hard drive status, battery life and CPU temperature and system cooling warnings. In addition to PC Health Monitor, Toshiba's EasyGuard Technology is a proprietary, value-added series of hardware and software enhancements designed to better protect and secure one's laptop during everyday computing. Components include HDD Protection, a spill-resistant keyboard(6), fingerprint reader and Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
Integrated Optical Drive: Toshiba's Portégé A600 laptop uses Toshiba's proprietary High Density Mounting Technology process to enable dual-sided motherboard component mounting. This innovative technology provides enough system real estate for the incorporation of a built-in optical drive, which reduces the laptop's travel weight by providing users with an all-in-one solution, eliminating the bulk and inconvenience of carrying additional drives and cables.
LED Display: The Portégé A600 features a 12.1-inch LED backlit display to provide users with an image rich in color saturation and superb quality. The use of LED backlighting provides Portégé A600 users with reduced thickness, reduced weight, increased brightness and decreased power consumption, compared to a conventional CCFL backlighting display.
USB Sleep-and-Charge/eSATA Combo Port(7): This unique port provides convenience and speed by allowing data transfers to and from an eSATA external hard drive at rates up to five times faster than USB 2.0, and the ability to charge select USB mobile devices whether the laptop is on, off, or in sleep or hibernation mode.
Green Attributes: The Portégé A600 is ENERGY STAR® 4.0 compliant and has achieved a Gold status through the Green Electronics Council's Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT).
Complete product specifications for all Portégé A600 models are available at http://explore.toshiba.com/laptops/portege/A600.
The Portégé A600 is available with a one-year standard limited warranty(8), which includes carry-in support at Authorized Service Providers throughout the country such as UPS Stores and Mail Boxes Etc. locations. As a responsible global corporate citizen, Toshiba designs all of its new laptops to be RoHS compatible(9), effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
Toshiba is offering a new, free electronic trade-in and recycling program which includes all laptop PCs and other select electronics, regardless of manufacturer, that have no trade-in value. For more details, please visit http://explore.toshiba.com/green. No purchase is necessary to participate in the recycling program.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of four business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Storage Device Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide mobile products and solutions, including industry leading portable computers; projectors; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for automotive, computer and consumer electronics applications; and telephony equipment and associated applications.
TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of information products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, which is a global leader in high technology and integrated manufacturing of electrical and electronic components, products and systems, as well as major infrastructure systems. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 740 companies, with 198,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing $76 billion. For more information on Toshiba's leading innovations, visit the company's Web site at http://www.toshiba.com.
© 2008 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
1. Weight. Weight may vary depending on product configuration, vendor components, manufacturing variability and options selected.
2. Height. Measured at the thinnest edge of the notebook computer.
3. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means "Manufacturers Suggested Retail price."
4. Battery Life. Measured by [MobileMark™ or Business Winstone BatteryMark™.] Battery life may vary. See Battery Life Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
5. EasyGuard. Toshiba EasyGuard™ technology comprises a number of features some of which may or may not be available on a particular Toshiba notebook depending on the model selected. See http://www.easyguard.toshiba.com for detailed information.
6. Spill-Resistant Keyboard. Under Toshiba testing conditions, the spill-resistant keyboard delayed the time for a water spill to reach the computer's main board to allow more time to properly close down the machine. Toshiba's standard limited warranty terms and limitations apply. Visit http://www.warranty.toshiba.com for details.
7. USB Sleep & Charge. The "USB Sleep & Charge function" may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.
8. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba's standard limited warranty, extended warranty and service upgrade terms and conditions are available at http://www.warranty.toshiba.com.
9. RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
Toshiba Digital Products Division today announced the ultraportable Portege A600 laptop PC
computer, computers, laptop, laptop pc, portege, toshiba, ultraportable