We are only too aware of the challenges posed by climate change. Managing our impact on the environment is central to our Corporate Responsibility programme.
London and New York (Vocus) November 2, 2010
1E, a software and services company that improves IT efficiency by identifying and reducing costs and waste in hardware, software, energy and time, today announced that Aviva, the world’s sixth largest insurance group and the largest insurance services provider in the UK, has selected industry-leading PC power management tool NightWatchman to cut costs and drive out energy waste.
The PC power management solution from 1E is being deployed across Aviva’s UK estate of circa 30,000 PCs. Trials suggest the technology could enable the insurance group to prevent the equivalent annual CO2 emissions of 500 modern family cars from entering the atmosphere. These projected figures are based on analysis conducted by 1E and Aviva on 856 PCs during a two week period in May 2010.
“We are only too aware of the challenges posed by climate change. Managing our impact on the environment is central to our Corporate Responsibility programme,” comments Christine Fraser, property and financial services director at Aviva.
“We are committed to addressing the issue of climate change and strive to eliminate waste and reduce energy usage. We approached 1E and saw their solution as the best fit for what we need to achieve. We are excited to work together to achieve our carbon management goals.”
Sumir Karayi, CEO, 1E, says: “We are committed to driving IT efficiencies and reducing the overall cost of IT for our customers. We are thrilled to have been selected by AVIVA and are pleased to see that such significant energy savings are being made possible by our solution.”
Since its inception, NightWatchman has saved its customers GBP350 million in energy costs alone and it is now installed on 4.6 million PCs.
1E believes that every one of its customers should expect more from their IT. Founded in 1997, 1E pioneered advanced PC power management with its ground-breaking solutions NightWatchman® and WakeUp™. Headquartered in London and New York, with nearly 14 million licenses deployed worldwide, over 1100 organizations in 42 countries trust 1E to help them to work effectively, productively and sustainably. To date, 1E has helped its customers save in excess of $530m in energy costs alone, cutting CO2 emissions by 4 million US tons. For more information, please visit http://www.1e.com .
1E MEDIA CONTACTS
Karolina Shaw / Jonathan Stotts
Karolina(dot)shaw(at)1e(dot)com / jonathan(dot)stotts(at)1e(dot)com
+44 (0)20 8326 3495 / +1 917 339 7364
- Aviva is the world’s sixth largest* insurance group, serving 53 million customers across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific
- Aviva's main business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £45.1 billion and funds under management of £379 billion at 31 December 2009
- We are the largest insurance services provider in the UK with 19.2 million customers and one of the leading providers of life and pensions products in Europe
- Aviva’s life and pensions business in the UK has a total market share of 9.8%** and a leading position in its key markets of savings, protection and annuities
- Aviva UK Health is one of the largest providers of income protection, group risk and private medical insurance in the UK covering over 2.8m customers. We also provide occupational health solutions and services to a wide range of industry sectors.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/video/
- Follow us on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/avivaplc
*based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2009
**Source: ABI data released May 2010
1E MEDIA CONTACTS
PR for 1E
+44 (0) 20 8326 3495
AVIVA MEDIA CONTACTS
Aviva’s press office
01603 684225 / 07789 270677