Purchasing Card Professional Certification Helps Define Career Path

Share Article

The National Association of Purchasing Card Professionals’ CPCP credential offers a pathway to understanding the body of knowledge required to effectively manage a Purchasing Card program. In preparation for the next application due date, August 31, the NAPCP offers a free informational webinar.

CPCP credential sponsored by the NAPCP

The NAPCP oversees the CPCP credential program.

The free webinar on July 19 provides a complete overview of the CPCP application process and offers tips for exam preparation.

The National Association of Purchasing Card Professionals (NAPCP) announces a free webinar to help individuals understand the initial eligibility, application and testing process required to complete the Certified Purchasing Card Professional (CPCP) credential. The webinar is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. Eastern time on July 19, 2012. Registration is open to NAPCP members and complimentary subscribers.

According to Lynn Larson, CPCP and NAPCP education manager, “The CPCP credential is a milestone for professionals who take ownership of their careers, providing a basis for continued personal and professional growth. It provides documented evidence to a current or potential employer that individuals have been examined by an independent certifying organization and found to possess a mastery of the body of knowledge in the specialized field of Purchasing Cards. Individuals who pursue the credential leverage their knowledge and experience toward career advancement and improving their value to an employer. The CPCP credential also provides a standard of experience and knowledge requisite for certification, thereby assisting employers, the public and members of the Purchasing Card profession in the assessment of Purchasing Card professionals.”

The list of current CPCPs is made up of 76% “end-users”―the practitioners who implement and manage Commercial Card and payment solutions for organizations across the corporate, government, K-12 and higher education sectors. The remaining 24% are from “provider” organizations that offer Commercial Card products and services, including software, consulting, acquiring, issuing, network, technology and more.

The CPCP exam is offered twice per year—in June and October. The next application deadline is August 31 for the October 6–20, 2012, testing period. In 2013, applications are due April 30 for the June 1–15, 2013, testing period. Complete details on the CPCP program are available at http://www.napcp.org/cpcp.

About the National Association of Purchasing Card Professionals (NAPCP)

The National Association of Purchasing Card Professionals (NAPCP) is a membership-based professional association committed to advancing Commercial Card and payment professionals and industry practices worldwide. The NAPCP is a respected voice in the industry, serving as an impartial resource for members at all experience levels in the public and private sectors. The NAPCP provides unmatched opportunities for continuing education and peer networking through its Annual Conference, Regional Forums, webinars, website, newsletters and weekly communication. The association sponsors research and publishes timely and relevant white papers, survey results and other documents. The NAPCP certifies professionals through the Certified Purchasing Card Professional (CPCP) credential program (http://www.napcp.org/cpcp). Please visit http://www.napcp.org to learn more about Commercial Card and payment programs in general, the value of membership, current member demographics, upcoming events and benefits of becoming a year-round partner sponsor.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Lyssa Campbell
(952) 546-1880 5
Email >
Visit website