Just plan ahead when heading out on a solo RV trip and take the right safety precautions and you can travel confidently and comfortably.
Ferndale, WA (Vocus) May 25, 2009
Women are the largest growing group of solo travelers, accounting for 35% of all single travel, according to the Travel Industry Association. Leading the way is women aged 18-35. RVs offer women the freedom to explore without worrying about checking into unknown hotels or wandering unfamiliar cities. Pedata RV offers the following tips for women traveling alone:
- Leave an itinerary and date of return with a family member or friend. Alert them if there is a change of plans.
- Take an extra cell phone battery and charger in the case of an emergency
- Plan ahead and research campgrounds.
- Arrive during daylight and allow time to find out where facilities are.
- Have a backup plan in case the campground area does not feel safe.
- If hiking, biking or exploring, leave a note in the RV with whereabouts and estimated time of return.
- Take maps but keep maps out of site so strangers will assume the surroundings are familiar.
- If a flat tire occurs, pull off to the side of the road. Use inflatable tire sealant for an immediate fix or step out of the vehicle and call Roadside Assistance.
- Do not accept rides from strangers if possible.
- Keep water and snacks in the RV in case it breaks down in a remote area.
- If rear-ended while driving or if flashing lights appear, drive to a well-lit busy area before stopping.
- Trust gut instincts and don't be afraid to call for help even if the situation seems trivial.
"We are excited to see that the number of female RV owners has grown over the last decade," says Clint Ethington of Pedata RV. "Just plan ahead when heading out on a solo RV trip and take the right safety precautions and you can travel confidently and comfortably."
For More Information:
For more information on Pedata RV Center or current trends in the RV industry contact Clint Ethington, General Manager, at clint (at) pedatarvcenter (dot) com or by phone at: 1-888-545-8314 or 520-807-0900. Or visit Pedata RV Center online at http://www.pedatarvcenter.com.
# # #