The heart of our technology is the Perforce Server and our front-end clients really showcase its power. Upgrading to Trolltech’s Qt 4 has given us the opportunity to streamline our architecture as well as improve our look and feel.
Alameda, Calif. (Vocus) March 10, 2008
Perforce Software today announced the availability of the newest version of its cross-platform graphical interface, the Perforce Visual Client, for its Software Configuration Management (SCM) system. The Perforce Visual Client provides quick and easy access to versioned files through a consistent graphical interface across Windows, Solaris, FreeBSD, Mac and Linux. With this release, the Perforce Visual Client now offers exceptional visualization of source code evolution, as well as improvements to the native look and feel for Linux and Mac platforms.
Fred Malouf, manager of the Visual Client development team said, “The heart of our technology is the Perforce Server and our front-end clients really showcase its power. Upgrading to Trolltech’s Qt 4 has given us the opportunity to streamline our architecture as well as improve our look and feel.”
This release of the Perforce Visual Client includes:
- Improved visualization of branch and integration history with the Revision Graph tool. Revision Graph displays a tree-style representation of the branch history of a specified file, including all file branch points, edits, and merges.
- Enhanced visualization of file history with the Time-lapse View tool. In a single window, developers can instantly see how the entire content history of a file has evolved over time.
- Better visualization of the difference between file versions with the Perforce Visual Merge Tool. The merge tool provides graphical three-way merging and side-by-side file comparisons, using color coding to simplify the process of resolving conflicts that result from parallel or concurrent development.
- Improved native look and feel for Linux and Mac platforms.
- The addition of a full-featured help viewer that provides easy searching and bookmarking.
- Enhancements to the Administration tool that make it easier to define access levels.
Availability & Pricing of the Perforce Visual Client (P4V)
P4V is available for general release now. P4V is bundled with the Perforce Server at no additional charge. Interested developers are invited to download and evaluate Perforce from the Perforce Web site without obligation for a 45-day trial. This offer includes free technical support during the evaluation period. A free, fully functional, two-user version is also available from the Web site. End-user licenses, including one year of support and maintenance, start at $800 per seat; volume discounts are available. For additional price and license information, visit http://www.perforce.com.
About the Perforce SCM System
Perforce, the Fast Software Configuration Management System, is an award-winning tool that versions and manages source code and digital assets for enterprises large and small. Perforce is easy to install, learn and administer; seamlessly handles distributed development; and supports developers across a large number of platforms. Perforce ensures development integrity by grouping multi-file updates into atomic changes, enables concurrent development, and intelligently manages multiple software releases using its Inter-File Branching system.
About Perforce Software
Founded in 1995, Perforce Software Inc. develops, markets, and supports Perforce, the Fast Software Configuration Management System. Perforce Software is headquartered in Alameda, Calif., and sells worldwide. The company has international operations in Europe, Japan and Australia. In addition to application software companies, Perforce customers represent a broad range of industries including game development, electronics, pharmaceutical and financial services.