I admire Performance Health's commitment to evidence-based, scientifically-sound products that are geared to improving health and rehabilitation.
Akron, OH (PRWEB) August 13, 2012
Twenty-eight research projects, with findings ranging from obesity and exercise to neck and low back pain treatments, were presented at the 14th annual Performance Health Scientific Advisory Committee meeting (also known as TRAC), held July 23-25, 2012 in St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada. Sixteen international researchers and clinicians met to present and discuss research on Thera-Band® and Biofreeze® products. The diverse group represented five countries and eight different professional disciplines, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, massage therapy, athletic training, strength and conditioning, exercise physiology, and nursing.
“Our Scientific Advisory Committee brings the latest research to us that helps clinicians make evidence-led decisions, which ultimately benefits patients and clients,” said Dr. Phil Page, Director of Clinical Education and Research for Performance Health. “This group represents the commitment of Performance Health to research and education over the past 14 years.”
The three-day meeting was hosted by committee member David Behm, PhD of Memorial University of Newfoundland. “My association with Performance Health is a collaboration built on trust and transparency,” stated Dr. Behm. “I admire Performance Health's commitment to evidence-based, scientifically-sound products that are geared to improving health and rehabilitation. Performance Health does not censor our research results or require us to publish only positive research on their products. To me, this is their commitment to products that actually work, based on scientific evidence. As a professional, I am pleased to be involved with the dedicated scientists and professionals of the TRAC committee, and it was an honor to host this year’s meeting.”
2012 Scientific Advisory Board Members -
- Lars L. Andersen, PhD, National Research Centre for the Working Environment, Copenhagen, Denmark
- David Behm, PhD, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada
- Barton N. Bishop, DPT, Sport & Spine Rehab / Sport & Spine Athletics, Rockville, MD, USA
- Bryan Bond, DC, University of Saint Mary, Leavenworth, KS, USA
- Tony Brosky, PT, Bellarmine University, Louisville, KY, USA
- Duane Button, PhD, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada
- Juan Carlos Colado, PhD, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
- Jeff Forman, PhD, NCTMB, De Anza College, Cupertino, CA, USA
- Jay Greenstein, DC, Sport & Spine Rehab / Sport & Spine Athletics, Fort Washington, MD, USA
- Andre Labbe, PT, A&K Physical Therapy, New Orleans, LA, USA
- Michael Rogers, PhD, Wichita State University, Wichita, KS, USA
- Mary Sanders, PhD, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, NV, USA
- Robert Topp, PhD, RN, Marquette University, College of Nursing, Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Pamela E. Toto, PhD, OTR/L, Occupational Therapy Consultant, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Timothy Tyler, PT, MS, ATC, Pro Sports PT, Scarsdale, NY, USA
- Leo Y.L. Wang, PT, MPH, PhDc, Dept. of Rehabilitation Medicine of First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
About the Academy
The Thera-Band® Academy was formed to scientifically document the benefits of resistance exercise and pain relief, guide the company in its development of new products and exercise programs, and to promote therapeutic exercise and pain management through professional and consumer education. The Academy web site is a unique resource that connects healthcare professionals and consumers to the ever growing body of knowledge on exercise. Registration is free and provides access to the largest database of rehab exercises, protocols, research and education in the world.
About Performance Health
Featuring leading brands like Thera-Band®, Biofreeze® and Pedigenix® Foot Care System, Performance Health offers a broad portfolio of products for the therapy, rehabilitation, wellness, massage, podiatric and performance markets. In addition to market-leading products, Performance Health provides practice building support, evidence-based protocols, clinical and product education, turn-key dispensing and pain management solutions.