PersonalBrain enables us to take control of the volumes of information that we are inundated with and organizes ideas and content based on our unique thinking and perspective
Marina del Rey, CA (PRWEB) January 6, 2009
TheBrain Technologies announced that PersonalBrain 5.0, the latest version of its powerful information visualization and organization software is now available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. PersonalBrain 5.0 will be unveiled at Macworld 2009 at booth #3419, North Hall.
PersonalBrain's award-winning dynamic interface enables users to link all ideas, files, and Web pages so people can better understand their information, see hidden connections, and liberate themselves from linear file organization.
Current systems such as folders, search lists, and email fail to connect different concepts, people, projects and their digital information associatively. PersonalBrain gives users a conceptual space that puts ideas at the forefront, creating a dynamic network of visually connected Thoughts that represent the user's mind.
Designed for people who need to analyze, brainstorm and synthesize a wide variety of information both on their local computer and on the Internet, PersonalBrain lets users express key relationships across all information sources, so underlying thinking and key ideas are instantly visible. All files, documents and web pages can be instantly recalled and retrieved with PersonalBrain and displayed with all related connections so key information is easily discovered.
PersonalBrain 5.0 Feature Highlights:
- Powerful "outline" view enables a broader view while retaining the flexibility of a networked structure
- Visual tagging gives another way to find information and enhances the ability to use PersonalBrain for Getting Things Done.
- Presentation mode enables full screen visualization that easily avoids the tedium of slideshow presentations
- Save customized layouts created in the "expanded" view
- Import of outlines and mind maps created in many other programs lets users upgrade their existing data into a scalable associative network
- Augmented Mac OS X Functionality: Spotlight integration enables searching of information in the context of how it's all connected.Address Book, iCal, and Apple Mail integration enables users to tie all the information on their Mac together seamlessly.QuickLook integration enables users to instantly preview attachments. Specially created Mac OS X look and feel fits in seamlessly
- Enhancements throughout PersonalBrain make everything from scrolling through information with the mouse wheel to creating reports faster and easier.
"PersonalBrain enables us to take control of the volumes of information that we are inundated with and organizes ideas and content based on our unique thinking and perspective," said Harlan Hugh, Chief Technology Officer of TheBrain. "PersonalBrain 5.0's new importing features make it even easier to get started. Powerful new visualization and tagging features give users an increased level of semantic meaning in their Brains to see and discover key information relationships and capture critical thinking."
Pricing and Availability:
PersonalBrain 5.0 is offered in three editions for immediate download: Free, Core, and Pro. PersonalBrain Free is offered at no charge and lets anyone link ideas and Web pages, images and notes. Pro and Core editions are priced as follows: PersonalBrain Pro $249.95, PersonalBrain Core $149.95. PersonalBrain 4 users can upgrade to 5.0 for $74.95. The upgrade is free for users who purchased PersonalBrain 4 after June 1, 2008.PersonalBrain runs on Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, Mac OS X 10.4+, and many flavors of Linux.
About TheBrain Technologies:
TheBrain Technologies helps people see, share and find information faster. TheBrain's PersonalBrain™ dynamic mind mapping software helps users see and organize their information the way they think about it. TheBrain also offers an Enterprise Knowledge Platform, BrainEKP™, which combines a natural language search engine with a compelling visual display of topics so users can see and discover critical information relationships. TheBrain's customers include: Encyclopædia Britannica, Navy Special Warfare, Tyco, Accenture, Park Nicollet, Medtronic, US Department of Defense, California Casualty Insurance, a leading media research company, retail chain and financial services company and other Fortune 500 organizations. Download PersonalBrain at http://www.thebrain.com or e-mail info (at) thebrain (dot) com for more information.