When snowmobiling, it is always important to make safety your top priority. Following safety precautions will help to avoid snowmobiling accidents and associated injuries...
Midland, Ontario (PRWEB) March 03, 2012
Fresh air and the chance to explore wooded trails and outdoor spaces with friends and family is a big part of the reason riding snowmobiles has continued to increase in popularity in Ontario over the years. The familiar sound of snowmobile engines is part of what makes winter fun for many families in central and northern Ontario, including the communities of Midland,Sudbury and North Bay.
As a long standing member of these communities, Ferguson Barristers LLP is providing the following tips as a reminder to riders that taking proper safety precautions can help avoid snowmobile accidents and potentially serious injuries.
Snowmobile Safety Tips
When snowmobiling, it is always important to make safety your top priority. Following safety precautions will help to avoid snowmobiling accidents and associated injuries, which may include broken bones, back neck injuries,spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Ferguson Barristers encourages you to follow these safety tips as outlined by Transport Canada, whenever you hit the snowmobile trails:
- Inform others of your destination and arrival time
- Inspect your snowmobile for mechanical integrity
- Wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions to prevent yourself from getting hypothermia
- When riding, stay on the right side of the trail
- Stay within your riding capabilities
- At night, reduce your speed - your headlight limits how far you can see
- When riding over lakes and rivers be aware of ice conditions; always check with local authorities regarding conditions. If riding over water, always wear flotation clothing
- Never operate a snowmobile if you are impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Snowmobilers are encouraged to belong to a recognized Snowmobile Club
Ferguson Barristers LLP is an Ontario Personal Injury and Civil Litigation law firm founded by Rod Ferguson in 1990, with offices in North Bay, Sudbury, and Midland, Ontario.
The lawyers at Ferguson Barristers LLP have been practicing law for over 80 years of combined experience and work with a network of referring lawyers from across Ontario able to provide personal injury and civil litigation services to smaller communities.
# # #