PerTrac PowerLink bridges the gap between two of the most important software platforms for investment professionals, the PerTrac Suite and Microsoft Excel
New York, NY (PRWEB) March 3, 2010
PerTrac Financial Solutions (http://www.pertrac.com) announced the release today of PerTrac PowerLink, a new Excel add-in designed to allow users to interact with major PerTrac applications from within Excel. PerTrac PowerLink opens new reporting and analysis possibilities for PerTrac clients, while allowing them to easily incorporate PerTrac applications into their existing Excel-centric workflows.
"PerTrac PowerLink bridges the gap between two of the most important software platforms for investment professionals, the PerTrac Suite and Microsoft Excel," said Gerry Mintz, PerTrac President and Chief Executive Officer. "Users can conveniently pull PerTrac Suite data and statistics into Excel, where they can build custom reports or do whatever calculations they wish, then push the results back into PerTrac applications. PerTrac PowerLink is the latest example of our commitment to make our software interoperate with our clients' other systems to help them achieve the highest possible levels of efficiency and productivity."
PerTrac PowerLink installs a new toolbar in Excel that allows users to import data and statistics from the PerTrac Analytical Platform, PerTrac CMS, and PerTrac Portfolio Manager. Users can also export performance time series data and qualitative data fields from Excel to the PerTrac Analytical Platform. Other PerTrac applications do not need to be running for PerTrac PowerLink to access them. PerTrac PowerLink provides users with a smoother, more efficient workflow by saving them from continually launching and switching between applications and copying and pasting data in different places.
With the new PerTrac PowerLink, users can:
- Create a range of custom reports by combining PerTrac Suite data and statistics for multiple funds and benchmarks with colorful auto-generated Excel-native charts and tables.
- Commingle PerTrac data with data from other sources as inputs for their own custom Excel functions, including advanced analytics such as multiple regression and factor analysis.
- Pull advanced PerTrac statistics into Excel, including VaR, Modified VaR, ETL (CVaR), Modified ETL (CVaR), Omega, rolling skewness and rolling kurtosis.
- Generate reports using a library of pre-built PerTrac PowerLink report templates, then professionally brand them with Excel's multiple formatting options for distribution to internal and external clients.
- Update Excel spreadsheets at either the worksheet or workbook level with the most up-to-date data from PerTrac applications by clicking a single button.
- Edit or create PerTrac fund universes directly within Excel using the Search function.
PerTrac PowerLink requires Excel 2003, 2007, or 2010, as well as the PerTrac Analytical Platform. To learn more about PerTrac PowerLink, please visit http://www.pertrac.com or email email@example.com.
PerTrac Financial Solutions was founded in 1996 with the goal of creating a suite of analytic and workflow solutions to help investment professionals make better decisions, improve productivity, reduce risk, and improve communication. Now an industry standard, PerTrac software is used by nearly 2,000 clients in 50 countries, including banks, brokerage firms, consultants, plan sponsors, family offices, investment managers and funds of funds. The company's flagship product, the PerTrac Analytical Platform, is now the world's leading asset allocation and investment analysis software, used by approximately 1,700 firms worldwide. PerTrac CMS, which was part of its January 2006 acquisition of Whittaker Garnier, is another major component of the PerTrac Suite. PerTrac CMS is the investment industry's leading tool for managing the client relationships and workflows associated with capital raising, investor relations, and investment management, and is used by nearly 300 alternative investment firms around the world. In January 2008, PerTrac announced the release of PerTrac Portfolio Manager, a unique software application designed to help funds of funds and institutional investors create, monitor and manage multi-manager portfolios of alternative investments. PerTrac P-Card, released in November 2008, is a revolutionary new investment data distribution and collection platform, which gives managers and investors the tools they need to share sensitive information directly, electronically and securely. PerTrac Financial Solutions is headquartered in New York with offices in London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Reno, and Memphis. For additional information on the full suite of PerTrac products, please visit http://www.pertrac.com.