I am happy to inform pet parents about certain conditions and safeguards this season.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) October 06, 2011
In a season of shorter days and colder weather Steven May, a national pet expert shares health care tips and safeguards for the current fall season.
“Believe it or not, pet care tips do change from season to season. I am happy to inform pet parents about certain conditions and safeguards this season.”
Listed below, are the top 5 pet care tips for dogs and cats.
- Purchase reflective collars and leashes, this will help drivers see you in the dim-light hours.
- Purchase reflective sweaters and jackets for the cooler days and nights
- Pay attention to any indoor plants that may be toxic to dogs
- Clean and dry all paws and pads after each walk or outdoor activity. Your dog’s paws should stay dry at all times
- Be prepared for the holiday travel period – make sure your dog is current with all his/her vaccinations
Bonus Tip: Halloween is just around the corner – Remember CHOCOLATE is toxic – always inform and teach your children to be very careful when handling candy around pets
- Clean the cat litter pan after each use - Pet parents that have multiple litter pans need to clean constantly.
- Replace your entire litter pan, from top to bottom. It is a good practice to replace and purchase an entire litter box at least 2 times yearly. The use of cleaning products and your cat constantly using the box…the plastic can get stained, scratched and worn.
- Purchase reflective breakaway collar, this will help drivers see your cat(s) in the dim-light hours.
- Tie-up and secure all electrical cords inside the home
- Pay attention to any indoor plants that may be toxic to cats
Pet parents can learn more by visiting The Daily Growl on FACEBOOK® or visit dailygrowlblog.com. Questions are welcomed.
Steven May is a respected pet expert who has worked in the veterinary industry for 35 years. A frequent public speaker, writer and consultant to the vet industry and top-tier media source, he is the founder of The Daily Growl, former publisher of VETZ Magazine and shares his pet advice throughout the nation via MutliVu® Pet Segments.