Wakefield, MA (PRWEB) May 20, 2013
TraceLink Inc., announced today that Peter Spellman, SVP Product and Cloud Engineering at TraceLink, will speak on transforming Life Science supply network visibility and performance through cloud-based network application platforms at Cloud Computing East 2013 taking place May 19-21st in Boston, Massachusetts. Cloud Computing East brings together IT and business leaders to discuss how cloud technologies and distributed network platforms can revolutionize healthcare, government and financial services.
Mr. Spellman will present a session on “Transforming the Life Sciences Supply Network Through a Cloud-based Network Information Architecture” on May 20th at 4:20pm EST in the Healthcare Cloud track. Conference participants will hear Mr. Spellman discuss:
- Pharmaceutical counterfeiting, drug shortages, emerging market access and other business challenges facing global Life Science leaders
- How big data, massive global networks, growing pharmaceutical track and trace regulations and evolving technology standards are transforming pharmaceutical supply chain management
- The global cloud-based network information architecture required to deliver the connectivity, visibility, agility and collaboration necessary for today’s performance and compliance requirements
- Case studies of top-10 pharmaceutical companies using the TraceLink Life Sciences Cloud application platform to protect product integrity, safeguard quality and improve supply chain performance from ingredient to patient
The TraceLink Life Sciences Cloud protects patient safety, ensures track and trace compliance and improves pharmaceutical supply network performance for businesses across the global supply chain including four of the top-10 global pharmaceutical companies. Among the numerous awards won by the Life Sciences Cloud are the Amazon AWS Global Start-Up Challenge Grand Prize and the Edison Award for Innovation in Health Management.
Built on the Amazon AWS global cloud platform, the Life Sciences Cloud creates a globally integrated network enabling companies to:
- Ensure global compliance with California ePedigree, US Federal Drug Supply Chain Security, China eCoding, Argentina, Turkey and other emerging pharmaceutical serialization and traceability regulations
- Protect patients from drug counterfeiting and diversion threats that kill over 100,000 people annually
- Eliminate drug shortages that have grown over 500 percent in recent years
- Improve market access to the $165 billion in new revenue growth available in China, India, Brazil and other Pharmerging markets
- Improve operational excellence and financial reconciliation across supply chain relationships
- Build direct-to-patient communication through Apple iPhone and Google Android mobile devices
Cloud Computing East is being presented by the Cloud Computing Association and the Distributed Computing Industry Association. Joining Mr. Spellman at CCE’13 on the speaking faculty will be over 100 noted business leaders and visionary technologists on cloud applications, networking, economics, compliance issues and data security considerations from companies including Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, KPMG and The MITRE Corporation.
To learn more about TraceLink’s cloud-based network application platform, visit http://www.tracelink.com.
TraceLink protects patients, enables health, grows profits and ensures compliance for companies across the global Life Sciences network through the TraceLink Life Sciences Cloud. The TraceLink Life Sciences Cloud is a cloud-based application platform that enables complete global connectivity, visibility and traceability of pharmaceuticals from raw materials to patient. A single point and click connection to the Life Sciences Cloud delivers the information, insight and collaboration needed to improve performance and reduce risk across global supply, manufacturing and distribution operations. Businesses across the globe rely on the TraceLink Life Sciences Cloud to meet strategic goals in ensuring global compliance, fighting drug counterfeiting, improving on-time and in-full delivery, protecting product quality and reducing operational cost. For more information on TraceLink and our solutions, visit http://www.tracelink.com.
TraceLink is funded by FirstMark Capital. Based in New York City, FirstMark Capital is an early stage venture capital firm investing in visionary entrepreneurs who are creating new markets with innovative technology solutions or fundamentally changing existing markets by applying a fresh approach or new business model. FirstMark partners early in a company’s lifecycle, offering deep industry insight, a broad network of relationships and the operational expertise to build lasting businesses. Select historical investments include Riot Games (Acquired by Tencent); Duck Creek Technologies (Acquired by Accenture); Netgear; Boomi (Acquired by Dell); StubHub (Acquired by eBay); Netegrity (Acquired by CA); OutlookSoft (Acquired by SAP); and Navic Networks (Acquired by Microsoft). Current investments include: Pinterest, Knewton, Aereo, SecondMarket, Shopify and Lumosity. For more information, visit: http://www.firstmarkcap.com.