what you see is what you get
Waltham, MA (PRWEB) April 2, 2009
Photo.net has added new navigation and editing tools as part of its ongoing development to expand its reach as a premier website for serious photographers. To help Photo.net's 4 million plus unique monthly users share images and information, the site has upgraded these features and will be adding more improvements throughout 2009. The latest site updates include:
- Mini-Slideshow widget allows users to put a slideshow of a Photo.net folder on his/her own website or blog
- New image tools for Photo.net's extensive Photo Gallery include image tagging to improve the accuracy of search results, and multiple move/delete image tools, so users can organize multiple images from one folder to another easily
- New WYSIWYG ("what you see is what you get") text editor includes an "Oops" feature. If members experience remorse for making a post, they will now have one last chance to make it right. After making a post on Photo.net, members will have 10 minutes to edit it before it becomes a permanent part of the site. This allows users to catch typos, change incorrect information, or take back a post.
- Improved social media integration: Photo.net now has a photo blog, a Twitter page, and a Photo.net Facebook group
- A new video forum dedicated to video creation
Josh Root, Photo.net's Director of Community, says, "Photo.net is increasing access to our photo galleries with these new tools. These new features will make the thousands of photographs our members post in our galleries easier to find by the general public, as well as increase interactions among our users."
Upcoming additions to Photo.net will include more informative image ratings; a calendar where subscribers can list gallery shows, publication dates, and club meetings; an option for users to enable a personal location tracking feature so photo.net users can interact in the real-world as well as on the site; more widgets for use on sites like Facebook, MySpace, and personal blogs.
About Photo.net: Photo.net is one of the largest communities of serious photographers on the web. Photographers visit the site to connect with other photographers, explore photo galleries, discuss photography, share and critique photos, and learn about photography.
Photo.net is a subsidiary of NameMedia, the owner and publisher of many of the largest and most active enthusiast community sites on the web, including sites focused on photography, gardening, crafting, stamping, astrology, automotive, rock climbing and skydiving.
Headquartered outside Boston in Waltham, Massachusetts, more information is available at NameMedia.com.