As PHP applications scale and meet rapidly expanding requirements, the use of advanced, design-pattern based architectures is becoming more and more widespread. While advanced frameworks like Zend Framework provide great basis to build on, making the most of them can sometimes be challenging.
Tel Aviv, Israel (PRWEB) October 12, 2009
nWire Software, Ltd., an independent software vendor offering innovative Eclipse-based tools, today announced the general availability of nWire for PHP. nWire for PHP accelerates PHP development by helping developers navigate through their code and better understand the architecture of their application. nWire was developed with support from Zend, the PHP Company, and it is the first plugin to be based on the new Zend Studio 7 and the latest Eclipse PHP Development Tools 2.1 (PDT).
"Large, complex, PHP applications can be overwhelming, even for the most experienced web developer. Reading an individual piece of code is easy, the challenge is understanding the structure of the application, getting the bigger picture. It turns out that most developers spend more time on reading and understanding code than writing it," said Zviki Cohen, founder and chief software architect for nWire Software. "Having a centralized view of all the application components and associations, coupled with unique search and visualization tools expedites the coding process greatly. We aim to make developers more productive and shorten the learning curve for new developers."
nWire adds a unique view into how single components (e.g. classes, method) fit within a project's architecture and its dependent relationships. For the first time, PHP developers gain valuable insights regarding their code. With a few clicks one may instantly determine where a given file is being used, where a class is instantiated, where a method is invoked and much more.
"As PHP applications scale and meet rapidly expanding requirements, the use of advanced, design-pattern based architectures is becoming more and more widespread. While advanced frameworks like Zend Framework provide great basis to build on, making the most of them can sometimes be challenging.", said Zeev Suraski, co-founder and CTO at Zend Technologies (zend.com). "nWire's solution, sporting tight integration with Zend Studio 7.0 and PDT, enables developers to build and maintain complex, large-scale applications while greatly reducing the time and pain normally involved with understanding existing application architecture and code. I believe many developers will find it as an invaluable addition to their toolbox."
nWire utilizes intelligent static code analysis techniques during the coding process to keep a live database of the application components and associations. The following tools are available:
- nWire Navigator - a unique tool for browsing any type of association in the application code: type inheritance, file inclusion, method invocation and more. This view can be synchronized with the PHP code editor to provide instant context while reading the code.
- nWire Quick Search - search as you type for any element in the system, including methods and fields. Once a relevant component is found, a single click will reveal all its' associated components.
- nWire Visualizer - graphically browse the system elements and visualize the associations between them. Filter the associations to produce different types of graphs. Exported images serve as a time saving enhancement for code reviews and developer documentation.
The key benefits of nWire:
- Reduce the learning curve for new developers, including contractors. nWire can lead to substantial budget savings when outsourcing development tasks.
- Expedites modifications to existing code by developers other than the original author.
- Improve software quality. Full understanding of the application architecture contributes to keeping it sound and prevents bugs beforehand.
- Reduce the testing time after a code change. Using nWire, the developer or QA engineer may determine which pages might be affected by a given code change and focus the testing on relevant parts.
nWire requires no special configuration nor code adaptation and provides a simple installation process, based on the Eclipse standards. nWire for PHP is available today at an introductory price of $59 for a perpetual license (volume discounts available). A free, 30 day trial is available on the nWire web site.
In other news
nWire for Java version 1.2 was released today with important enhancements like a smarter navigator view and improved performance. nWire for Java can be installed alongside with nWire for PHP.
About nWire Software
nWire Software, Ltd, is an independent software vendor offering innovative and unique software development tools based on the Eclipse platform. The vision of nWire Software is to assist developers in maximizing their potential by offering simple and pragmatic tools for boosting productivity. nWire Software Ltd was established in 2007 and is headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel.
For more information, please visit http://www.nwiresoftware.com or call +1-212-203-0665.