Therapists can discover which referrals are making appointments, pinpoint those unlikely to follow through with treatment, and establish protocols for patients that require reminders.
Denville, NJ (PRWEB) July 29, 2012
“It’s essential to obtain an EMR for physical therapy services. To obtain the full benefits of an EMR system and usage of physical therapy CPT codes, it should be specifically designed for use in a physical therapy practice.” said Chhoda.
EMRs for physical therapists run the whole physical therapy documentation process, from those that provide basic documentation services to complete systems that address all facets of the practice and integrate easily with the normal workflow of the individual office. Chhoda cited the following advantages and physical therapy management tips of a web-based physical therapy documentation system.
- Less expensive. EMR reduces costs in a number of areas, from postage and paper to storage space and bulky computer systems.
- Speed. There is no need to wait for records to pass through the postal system or rely on the memory of patients about the treatments, procedures and prescriptions they may have had. Billing can be done electronically to reduce reimbursement turnarounds and bring funds into the practice quicker.
- Organization –A user-friendly interface reduces the time needed to learn the system and provides an intuitive means of entering information.
- Business metrics – The EMR system provides the means for physical therapists to monitor and track the success of marketing efforts, determine where to focus future efforts, and ascertain where referrals are originating. Therapists can discover which referrals are making appointments, pinpoint those unlikely to follow through with treatment, and establish protocols for patients that require reminders.
- Flexibility – To accommodate the needs of an individual practice, an EMR for physical therapy services can be customized. As treatments and procedures evolve within the practice, an EMR provides the ability to reflect changes in the industry.
Chhoda said that an EMR, along with physical therapy handouts, for physical therapy services meets all above needs. These benefits for a web-based physical therapy documentation system provide physical therapists with a starting point to seek the EMR system that’s right for their practice.
Chhoda’s office can be reached by phone at 201-535-4475. For more information, visit the website at http://www.emrnews.com.
ABOUT NITIN CHHODA
Nitin Chhoda is a licensed physical therapist, a doctor of physical therapy, and a certified strength and conditioning specialist. He’s the author of “Total Activation: The New 5 Step Fitness Mantra” and “Marketing for Physical Therapy Clinics.” He’s been featured in numerous industry magazines, major radio and broadcast media, and is the founder of Referral Ignition training systems, Private Practice Summit, the Private Practice Formula and the Private Practice Mastermind group. Chhoda speaks extensively throughout the U.S., Canada and Asia. He’s the creator of the Therapy Newsletter, along with Clinical Contact, a web-based service that boosts patient arrival rates.