True leaders drive organizational change and will improve the performance of the rehab team.
Franklin, TN (Vocus) October 12, 2010
Rehabilitation managers of today must deliver outcomes while leading, managing and engaging the rehab team. Expert level leadership and management skills are critical in this dynamic environment. This two day advanced course is designed to bring the rehab manager to the next echelon of leadership and management of a rehab team. This course will teach practical and theoretical skills you can apply as a rehab manager-leader to drive team building and raise the bar in rehab outcomes.
It is imperative to the team that business and rehabilitation outcomes are achieved in a timely effective manner. Managers-leaders must prioritize the needs of each program while not sacrificing the quality provided to each segment of the program or oneself. Often times, a disproportionate amount of effort are spent in the personal development of an individual’s leadership and management skills. Consequently, the rehabilitation managers and leaders diminish their overall effectiveness and potential as managers-leaders and building team engagement. Working long hours attempting to wear both clinician and leader hats can lead to increased stress, frustration and burnout.
"True leaders drive organizational change and will improve the performance of the rehab team." Participants will learn advanced skills for methods of self-analysis, garnering continuous feedback from: direct reports, managers, and colleagues in order to improve personal effectiveness.
Course curriculum, derived from over twenty-five years of rehab team management, will also focus on managing change, using resources available for handling conflict and optimizing talents and strengths of the rehab team. The latest evidence based knowledge in understanding and articulating strategies to measure, benchmark, and improve clinical efficiency and outcomes are thoroughly discussed. Today’s challenging healthcare environment requires new perspectives and broader vision in order to achieve rehab goals. Instruction will transform the participants ability to deliver results in difficult environments, specifically those imposed by health care/insurance reform and an evolving reimbursement in post acute continuum and outpatient services.
The seminar will deliver increased confidence, competence and vision to the rehab manager, through an interactive forum of lecture, audience questions and answers, small break-out group discussions and case studies. This course is directed towards experienced and emerging managers-leaders of rehabilitation services in all practice areas (acute care, inpatient rehabilitation, skilled nursing, home health, outpatient and contract agencies) serving patients from pediatrics to adults working in hospital and health care systems, rehab and skilled nursing companies, home care agencies, private practices. The management team graduate of this course will be transformed with new vision, management techniques and strategies to deliver at the highest level in the current dynamic rehab environment.
North American Seminars, Inc Continuing Education Course Objectives:
1. Utilize proven qualities and traits of effective leaders and managers that engage and build trust in your team.
2. Construct and deploy department mission and vision statements.
3. Understand the critical importance of communication via effective communication methods.
4. Identify and discuss specific issues in your department within small groups and create actionable strategies.
5. Become familiar with methods for self-analysis and feedback (color profiles and personality assessments) which are available and essential to one’s personal journey and growth as a manager/leader.
6. Gain confidence and knowledge in leading and managing change endeavors.
7. Master multiple methods for enhancing individual and team motivation and engagement.
8. Learn advanced techniques for managing conflict and handling difficult conversations.
9. Lead multiple generations confidently for optimal team engagement.
10. Understand how clinician and team efficiency and productivity are defined, measured, improved, and bench marked throughout the rehabilitation continuum.
11. Preparation for future emerging scenarios in health care reform and implications in delivery of rehab services.
12. Lead your team with new vision, determination and skill.
In addition to this live course, North American Seminars, Inc also delivers physical therapy continuing education course online
This course is presented at:
Methodist Dallas Medical Center - Dallas Texas on May 21-22 2011.
For additional course dates or to sponsor this continuing education course at your facility contact North American Seminars, Inc.