Wood Dale, Illinois (PRWEB) April 30, 2013
Medical Marketing Service Inc. (MMS) believes that the key to successful medical direct marketing is listening to physicians, not only by analyzing results of client direct mail and email campaigns, but also by conducting annual surveys.
Early in 2013, MMS conducted surveys to physicians regarding three aspects of medical marketing: CME, pharmaceutical marketing, and physician recruitment. The surveys were emailed to random samples from the AMA Physicians List, generating 516 responses.
The results are as follows:
- Physicians want and read email and direct mail, and are reading email on mobile devices. Therefore, email and direct mail should be part of every medical marketer’s multichannel mix.
- Physicians read email during evenings and weekends/days off.
- Physicians check multiple email addresses.
- A majority of physicians prefer email at their professional/office address.
- They are almost unanimously interested in honoraria, which should be offered whenever legal, ethical, practical and profitable.
- Online CME is on the ascendant, so CME marketers should offer and promote online options.
- Physicians prefer to receive pharmaceutical information via email instead of from sales reps.
- Pharmaceutical marketers should offer samples in their email marketing.
- Recruiters should emphasize location and compensation in direct marketing, and make it easy to respond by email and phone.
About Medical Marketing Service, Inc.
Since 1929, Medical Marketing Service, Inc. (MMS), the industry leader in healthcare lists and email marketing, has been pinpointing perfect prospects for clients including pharmaceutical marketers, continuing medical education (CME) providers, publishers, and recruiters, along with the their list brokers, ad agencies and other marketing partners. MMS’s motto is message delivered - they deliver messages to over 1.5 million healthcare professionals (HCPs). Service is their surname for a reason - personal service by people who care and have decades of experience is the hallmark of MMS heritage.
Generations of satisfied customers are their legacy, and the foundation of their future - that’s why referrals are their number one source of new customers. MMS looks forward to helping the industry meet the challenges of the 21st century - helping the industry do more with less by achieving maximum return on investment (ROI) with gold standard lists, databases and email marketing services.
For more information, call 1.800.MED.LIST (633.5478), email sales(at)mmslists(dot)com, and follow us on Twitter @mmsemail.