Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) October 05, 2013
Targeting kinases have been on the agenda of most drug developers/researchers as they hold the key path to signaling, development and growth of the cell. Tumors/cancer biology indicates that this balance is disturbed and inhibiting the aberrant pathways in a balanced way is an approach to developing drugs against cancer. Resistance to existing therapies develops as cancer cells bypass these efforts and there remains an evergreen search for new targets to meet these challenges. Large global pharma are constantly on the hunt for drugs with label expansion potential = Longevity and Blockbuster Potential! About $10b+ has already been invested in licensing /acquisition of PI3K and other kinase inhibitors/companies since the last five years. Scientific data on the role of PI3K, BTK kinase in cancer and clinical Proof of Concept (PoC) data of the PI3K, BTKs inhibitors have reached a critical mass and companies with focus in this sector are poised to offer better treatment options for unmet need in hematologic malignancies. We expect more acquisitions of the innovator companies and or handsome licensing deals for unpartnered products as mature data and approvals come in the next few years.
Key Points Discussed in the Report “Drivers of M&A in 2013-2016: PI3Ks and BTK Inhibitors - http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/219484-drivers-of-ma-in-2013-2016-pi3ks-and-btk-inhibitors.html”
1. Drugs in the pipeline
- PI3K inhibitors – Infinity pharma (INFI), Gilead (GILD)
- Dual PI3K inhibitor – Onconova/SymBio, Curis (CRIS)
- BTK-inhibitors – Safety and clinical efficacy set it apart – Pharmacyclics (PCYC), Celgene (CELG)
2. M&A in Kinase Inhibitors in the last 5 years
3. Related Milestones/catalysts in 2013-14
4. Combination Studies – PI3K, BTK inhibitors with Rituxan, Bendamustine in hematological cancers.
5. Ongoing Clinical Trials of Companies Covered
6. Detailed Reports on –
- Curis (CRIS) – Time to Assess Value Beyond Erivedge!
- Gilead (GILD) - New HIV + HCV Products to Sustain the Growth Trajectory
- Infinity pharma (INFI) – IPI-145, Unpartnered, Potent PI3K Inhibitor = Larger Opportunity!
- Pharmacyclics (PCYC) – Ibrutinib - Promising to Deliver More
- SymBio (4582) - Significant Upside still Remains: Bendamustine + Rigosertib + Cash to In-license More!
Buy a copy of report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=219484.
Browse report by MP Advisors @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/publisher/mp-advisors/.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports (http://www.reportsnreports.com/) library of 200,000+ reports and in-depth studies of 5000+ micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe.