Midwest Precision Improves Manufacturing Efficiency with the Completion of a Major Plant Renovation

Midwest Precision LLC, a precision machining and assembly contract manufacturer, has just completed a major plant renovation project. The dramatic transformation of the facility provides a superior work environment for employees, additional manufacturing capacity, enhanced lean manufacturing, and environmentally-friendly, energy efficient building upgrades.

  • Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail a friend
Equipment upgrades and remodeling facilitate Midwest's lean manufacturing program photo

Equipment upgrades and remodeling facilitate Midwest's lean manufacturing program

Our goal was to create a world-class manufacturing environment for our valued employees, exceed our customers' expectations and promote our continuous improvement culture.

Cleveland, Ohio (PRWEB) February 10, 2012

Midwest Precision has completed a major plant renovation as a key component of their commitment to lean manufacturing and creating a superior work environment. The completed project includes numerous equipment upgrades, an all-new machine tool and shop floor layout that reduces material travel distances, and facilitates the company's lean manufacturing program.

In October 2010, the new ownership team that acquired Midwest Precision also acquired the building and real estate with the intention of creating a showcase facility with expanded capacity and dedication to continuous improvement.

The completed renovation project spanned eight months and included a new energy efficient roof, installation of high-efficiency HVAC systems plant-wide, new lighting throughout, a fully re-surfaced floor and painting of the walls and ceilings.

“Our goal was to create a world-class manufacturing environment for our valued employees, exceed our customers' expectations and promote our continuous improvement culture” stated Wayne Foley, President of Midwest Precision. “Extensive planning went into the new layout that included input from nearly all our employees. Several Kaizen teams worked on lean manufacturing projects that were implemented into the new layout.”

The results are a dramatic transformation of the facility providing a superior work environment for our employees, a 25% - 30% expansion of manufacturing capacity, nearly 50% reduction in overall material travel distances, an 80% improvement in lighting and 30% reduction in energy costs. The renovations demonstrate the company’s commitment to lean manufacturing and creating environmentally friendly, energy efficient operations.

“Our objective is to be the premier, precision machining and assembly contract manufacturer in the world and we are taking the necessary steps to achieve that objective,” said Foley. “Continuous improvement and lean manufacturing are essential keys to that goal.”

About Midwest Precision
Established in 1953, Midwest Precision, formerly known as Midwest Screw Products, is an AS9100 / ISO 9001 certified manufacturer of precision machined components and assemblies for the Aerospace, Defense, Power Generation and Engineered Industrial markets. The company is well-known for its innovative manufacturing engineering, value-adding capabilities including program management and expertise in precision machining and assembly of close tolerance components made from Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Nickel Alloys, Titanium and other engineered materials.

Midwest Precision was formed by former executives of International Motion Control, a global leader in industrial and aerospace motion control components and systems. Midwest Precision applies operational expertise and investment discipline to successfully grow industrial manufacturing companies.

###


Contact

Attachments

Midwest's renovation provides a superior work environment for employees, additional manufacturing capacity, enhanced lean manufacturing, and environmentally-friendly, energy efficient building upgrades - photo Midwest's renovation provides a superior work environment for employees, additional manufacturing capacity, enhanced lean manufacturing, and environmentally-friendly, energy efficient building upgrade

Midwest's renovation provides a superior work environment for employees, additional manufacturing capacity, enhanced lean manufacturing, and environmentally-friendly, energy efficient building upgrades