MINITEC plastic enclosures have always offered a wide range of permutations thanks to their various sizes, colours and interchangeable rings. Now the three new sizes make that choice even larger.
Fareham, Hampshire (PRWEB UK) 12 October 2011
OKW has extended its award-winning MINITEC range of pocket-sized plastic enclosures to meet ever increasing customer demand.
These highly attractive multi-coloured ABS enclosures have been designed for personal electronic devices which can be carried in the hand or on a key ring, wrist strap or lanyard.
Typical applications include medical devices, personal safety, detection, monitoring, emergency call, audio, alarms and remote control electronics.
The MINITEC range of handheld enclosures consists of two basic designs: EDGE rectangular style cases and DROP droplet style cases.
The EDGE models are now available in three larger sizes: length 78 mm, width 48 mm and heights of 20, 24 and 26 mm. The extra heights provide additional internal space for the PCB, miniature keypad or other components.
Electronics designers can now configure more than 200 individual MINITEC small enclosures when all the new sizes, styles, formats and colour options are taken into account.
This popular range of PCB enclosures now consists of eight individual cases sizes with dimensions ranging from 51 x 32 x 13 mm to 84 x 53 x 19 mm.
Each enclosure consists of a top part, bottom part and a soft intermediate ring.
The top and base parts are moulded in Off-white or Lava Grey ABS or in Black infra-red transparent PMMA (UL 94 HB).
The intermediate rings are moulded in soft touch TPE in four standard colours: Volcano Grey, Orange, Lime Green and Bright Blue. They are available as plain rings or with moulded eyelets or strap loops for fitting a key ring, wrist strap or lanyard.
The recessed top part of each enclosure is designed for locating a membrane keypad or product label. The EDGE style is also offered with a smooth top for fitting rubber keypads.
Location bosses are moulded in the base parts for mounting PCBs and components. The plastic enclosures are assembled using a single self-tapping fixing screw. Prices start at £5.
OKW can also supply MINITEC as custom enclosures with:
- machined holes for keypads, connectors and LEDs
- silk-screen printed legends and logos
- EMC shielding.
OKW Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox said: “MINITEC plastic enclosures have always offered a wide range of permutations thanks to their various sizes, colours and interchangeable rings. Now the three new sizes make that choice even larger.”
Features of MINITEC electronic enclosures include:
- Perfect design for 'companion' electronics
- Designed to be handheld, worn around the neck or on the wrist
- Huge range of models and colour combinations; two types: EDGE (rectangular), DROP (droplet shape)
- Available in six standard sizes – ES, EM, EL, DS, DM, and DL
- Soft TPE intermediate rings provide loops or eyelets for the key ring, lanyard or wrist strap
- Models with smooth tops for push-buttons or recessed tops for membrane keypad or label
- PCB supports in the base
- Easy assembly with a single self-tapping screw
- Materials – ABS (UL 94 HB), PMMA (plexiglass) Infra-red Black
- Protection Class – IP41
- Standard Colours – Off-white RAL 9002 (case and TPE ring); Lava NCS S 7502-B (case and TPE ring); Black RAL 9005 (case and ring); Volcano NCS S 5502-G (TPE ring); Orange NCS S 1070-Y40R (TPE ring); Lime Green NCS S 1070-G60Y (TPE ring); Bright Blue NCS S 1060-B (TPE ring)
- Accessories – key ring, hand strap, lanyards, wrist strap.
For heavier duty outdoor applications OKW also manufactures a range of sealed enclosures with ratings of IP65 and IP66.
For more information about MINITEC plastic enclosures, view OKW’s website or contact Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox, +44 (0)1489 583858.