Our new CARRYTEC range has been specifically designed for tough and demanding medical and industrial environments.
Fareham, Hampshire (PRWEB UK) 15 February 2012
OKW has launched the all-new CARRYTEC range of plastic enclosures for portable electronics equipment.
These innovative hand held enclosures have a modern contoured design and feature an integrated handle which is ergonomically designed for convenient carrying during operation.
Typical applications for CARRYTEC instrument enclosures include medical and wellness equipment; data recording and monitoring; communications technology; safety systems; measuring and control plus agricultural and forest management electronics.
At launch, CARRYTEC electronic enclosures are available with external dimensions of 222 x 205 x 80 mm (Size S). An additional version (Size M) will be added to the range in the spring of 2012.
OKW Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox said: “Our new CARRYTEC range has been specifically designed for tough and demanding medical and industrial environments.
“The handles are moulded into the enclosures so there is no weak point – making them much stronger than traditional cases where the handle is added afterwards,” he added.
CARRYTEC enclosures are moulded in two different materials:
- Off-white ABS enclosures (UL 94 HB) which are ideal for indoor use such as medical equipment
- Lava Grey fibreglass reinforced polyamide (PA GV) which is suitable for tougher outdoor applications such as machine controllers.
An optional sealing kit is also available for extra protection, making them IP54 enclosures.
The enclosures consist of three moulded parts: top, bottom and handle. They are assembled using five Torx T10 security screws to make them tamper-proof. The handle grip, which is moulded in soft touch TPE material, is captured by the top and bottom parts.
The top section has a recessed area for mounting pushbuttons, membrane keypads, displays, or touch screens.
Inset sections on the underside are provided for cable connections and switches. The PCBs can be fitted to screw pillars provided in both the top and bottom parts. Prices start at £35.
Accessories for CARRYTEC PCB enclosures include battery compartments for five 1.5V AA cells and a medical holding clamp for round tubes or rails.
Optional desk/wall stations enable charging and data transfer when CARRYTEC cases are being used as desktop enclosures.
The new desk stations can be mounted on walls, on machine housings, within vehicles or simply placed on desks. Each station features a snap-lock that holds the enclosure at a convenient 15 degree viewing angle.
OKW can supply CARRYTEC custom enclosures with additional holes for keypads, connectors, controls and displays. It can also silk-screen print legends and logos and provide EMC shielding on the inside.
Features of CARRYTEC medical and industrial plastic enclosures:
- Unique ergonomic hand held enclosures with integrated handle and soft-touch grip
- Handle located above the centre of gravity for balanced carrying
- Large internal volume without being cumbersome
- Recessed area in the top section for locating keypads and displays
- Three inset areas on the underside for fitting connectors, cable glands and switches
- Internal screw pillars for mounting PCBs
- Moulded in ABS or PA for indoor or outdoor use
- Optional station for desktop use or mounting to a wall, machine housing or vehicle
- The station can be used for charging and data transfer using the accessory contacts
- Suitable for mounting to suspension arms
- Assembled by anti-tamper Torx T10 screws
- Battery compartment for five 1.5V AA cells can be fitted (machining required)
- Materials/Colour – ABS (UL 94 HB) Off-white, RAL 9002; reinforced PA Lava Grey, NCS S 7502-B
- Protection class – IP54 (with optional sealing kit)
- Accessories – desk/wall station; station base panel; holding clamp; IP54 sealing kit; battery compartment (5 AA); contacts; PCB screws; T10 screwdriver.
CARRYTEC is the latest in a wide range of hand held enclosures manufactured by OKW. Others include:
- ERGO-CASE – body-contoured electronics enclosures that can be worn on the wrist
- MINITEC – highly tactile enclosures for remote control technology, available with wristbands, lanyards or key ring attachments
- SENSO-CASE – handgrip-style enclosures with optional triggers
- INTERFACE-TERMINAL – highly versatile multi-function enclosures that can be hand held, wall-mounted or used as desktop enclosures.
For more information about CARRYTEC hand held plastic enclosures, view OKW’s website or contact Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox, +44 (0)1489 583858.
Notes For Editors
OKW ENCLOSURES LTD
15 Brunel Way
Tel: +44 (0)1489 583858
Fax: +44 (0)1489 583836