MINITEC plastic enclosures have always offered a wide range of permutations thanks to their various sizes, colors and interchangeable rings.
Now the three new sizes make that choice even larger.
Bridgeville, PA (PRWEB) May 23, 2012
OKW has extended its award-winning MINITEC range of pocket-sized plastic enclosures to meet ever increasing customer demand.
These highly attractive multi-colored ABS enclosures have been designed for personal electronic devices which can be carried in the hand or on a key ring, wrist strap or lanyard.
Typical applications include medical devices, personal safety, detection, monitoring, emergency call, audio, alarms and remote control electronics.
The MINITEC range of hand held enclosures consists of two basic designs: EDGE rectangular style cases and DROP droplet style cases.
The EDGE models are now available in three larger sizes: length 3.07”, width 1.89” and heights of 0.79”, 0.94” and 1.02”. The extra heights provide additional internal space for the PCB, miniature keypad or other components.
Electronics designers can now configure more than 200 individual MINITEC small enclosures when all the new sizes, styles, formats and color options are taken into account.
This popular range of PCB enclosures now consists of eight individual case sizes with dimensions ranging from 2.01” x 1.26” x 0.59” to 3.31” x 2.09” x 0.75”.
Each enclosure consists of a top part, bottom part and a soft intermediate ring.
The top and base parts are molded in Off-white or Lava Gray ABS or in Black infra-red transparent PMMA (UL 94 HB).
The intermediate rings are molded in soft touch TPE in four standard colors: Volcano Gray, Orange, Lime Green and Bright Blue. They are available as plain rings or with molded eyelets or strap loops for fitting a key ring, wrist strap or lanyard.
The recessed top part of each enclosure is designed for locating a membrane keypad or product label. The EDGE style is also offered with a smooth top for fitting rubber keypads.
Location bosses are molded in the base parts for mounting PCBs and components. The plastic enclosures are assembled using a single self-tapping fixing screw. Prices start at $5.
OKW can also supply MINITEC as custom enclosures with:
- machined holes for keypads, connectors and LEDs
- silk-screen printed legends and logos
- RFI shielding.
OKW Enclosures, Inc, Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey, said: “MINITEC plastic enclosures have always offered a wide range of permutations thanks to their various sizes, colors and interchangeable rings. Now the three new sizes make that choice even larger.”
Features of MINITEC electronic enclosures include:
- Perfect design for 'companion' electronics
- Designed to be handheld, worn around the neck or on the wrist
- Huge range of models and color combinations; two types: EDGE (rectangular), DROP (droplet shape)
- Soft TPE intermediate rings provide loops or eyelets for the key ring, lanyard or wrist strap
- Models with smooth tops for push-buttons or recessed tops for membrane keypad or label
- PCB supports in the base
- Easy assembly with a single self-tapping screw
- Materials – ABS (UL 94 HB), PMMA (Plexiglas) Infra-red Black
- Protection Class – IP41
- Standard Colors – Off-white RAL 9002 (case and TPE ring); Lava NCS S 7502-B (case and TPE ring); Black RAL 9005 (case and ring); Volcano NCS S 5502-G (TPE ring); Orange NCS S 1070-Y40R (TPE ring); Lime Green NCS S 1070-G60Y (TPE ring); Bright Blue NCS S 1060-B (TPE ring)
- Accessories – key ring, hand strap, lanyards, wrist strap.
For heavier duty outdoor applications OKW also manufactures a range of sealed enclosures with ratings of IP65 and IP66.
For more information about MINITEC plastic enclosures, view the OKW website or contact OKW Enclosures, Inc, Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey, Tel: 800-965-9872.
Notes for Editors
OKW ENCLOSURES, INC.
Abele Business Park
3000 Old Pond Road
Tel. 800 965 9872
Tel. 412 220 9244
Fax. 412 220 9247