MINITEC is an incredibly versatile range of enclosures thanks to its wide choice of colours and configurability options.
Fareham, Hampshire (PRWEB UK) 8 August 2012
OKW has added more versions and accessories to its award-winning MINITEC range of miniature plastic enclosures.
These highly attractive multi-coloured ABS enclosures are designed for personal electronic devices which are carried in the hand or on a key ring, wrist strap or lanyard.
Following customer demand, OKW has now added more case sizes; a wider selection of intermediate rings plus new belt clips and carrying accessories.
The new intermediate rings for MINITEC include:
- wider versions for increased case height, enabling designers to specify larger enclosures for more sophisticated electronics
- plain versions without eyelets for handheld-only devices
- a new ring with an aperture in the end for fitting a USB connector.
The modular construction of MINITEC handheld enclosures makes them highly versatile – ideal for a wide range of applications including medical devices, personal safety, detection, monitoring, emergency call, audio, alarm and remote control electronics.
The MINITEC range consists of two basic designs: EDGE rectangular-style cases and DROP droplet-style cases. There are now eight individual cases sizes with dimensions ranging from 52 mm x 32 mm x 15 mm to 78 mm x 48 mm x 20 mm.
Each of the hand held enclosures consists of a top part, bottom part and a soft intermediate ring. The top and bottom parts are moulded in Off-white or Lava Grey ABS or in Black infra-red transparent PMMA (UL 94 HB). The recessed top part is designed for locating a membrane keypad or product label.
The EDGE style is also offered with a smooth top for fitting rubber keypads. Location bosses are moulded in the bottom parts for mounting PCBs and components. The PCB enclosures are assembled using a single self-tapping fixing screw.
The intermediate rings are moulded in soft touch TPE in four standard colours: Volcano Grey, Orange, Lime Green and Bright Blue. The rings with eyelets or strap loops are designed for the key ring, wrist strap or lanyard accessories.
Customers can configure the MINITEC small enclosures from the individual case parts by selecting the correct version and colour combination.
There is a huge range of possible permutations – making it more likely that designers will be able to find their perfect colour combination without having to specify custom colours. Prices start at £3.
OKW can also supply MINITEC as customised enclosures with holes for keypads, connectors and LEDs, plus silk-screen printed legends and logos and EMC shielding. Customization options have increased significantly over recent years, offering a much greater choice at lower prices.
OKW Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox said: “MINITEC is an incredibly versatile range of enclosures thanks to its wide choice of colours and configurability options.
“The new intermediate rings increase the possibilities still further – particularly with regard to USB connectivity – and we’re confident that the new belt clips will prove highly popular too,” he added.
Features of MINITEC plastic enclosures include:
- Perfect design for ‘companion’ electronics
- Designed for hand-held use, wearing around the neck or on the wrist operation
- Huge range of models and colour combinations
- Two types: EDGE (rectangular) and DROP (droplet-shaped)
- Eight standard sizes
- Soft TPE intermediate rings provide loops or eyelets for a key ring, lanyard or wrist strap
- Models with smooth top for push-buttons, or recessed top for membrane keypad or label
- PCB supports in the base
- Easy assembly with self-tapping screw
- Materials – ABS (UL 94 HB), PMMA (Plexiglas) Infra-red Black
- Protection Class – IP41
- Standard Colours – Off-white, RAL 9002 (case and TPE ring); Lava, NCS S 7502-B (case and TPE ring); Black, RAL 9005 (case and ring); Volcano, NCS S 5502-G (TPE ring); Orange, NCS S 1070-Y40R (TPE ring); Green, NCS S 1070-G60Y (TPE ring); Blue, NCS S 1060-B (TPE ring);
- Accessories – key ring, hand strap, lanyards, wrist strap, belt clip.
MINITEC is one of 20 ranges of sealed housings designed and manufactured by OKW.
Other ranges of enclosures from OKW include:
- BLOB – a brand new range of ground-breaking ergonomically contoured enclosures that naturally guide the users’ hands to the controls
- SOFT-CASE – handy wide-format cases (in four standard sizes) with keypad recess and lateral connector panel; accessories include the 4-K in-vehicle/on-bike holding system
- DATEC-POCKET-BOX – modern IP-rated cases with keypad recess and battery compartments; they can also be used with the 4-K in-vehicle/on-bike holding system
- ERGO-CASE – specially contoured cases with optional belt/arm straps; can be worn on the body or wall-mounted.
For more information about MINITEC and OKW’s other ranges of electronics enclosures, view OKW’s website or contact Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox, +44 (0)1489 583858.
Notes For Editors
OKW ENCLOSURES LTD
15 Brunel Way
Tel: +44 (0)1489 583858
Fax: +44 (0)1489 583836