(PRWeb UK) January 5, 2011
PowerSteering Software, the leader in on-demand enterprise project & portfolio management (PPM) solutions, will host a new webcast on Wednesday, January 19 at 2:30 p.m. GMT (9:30 a.m. EST). The free session, “Using a Business PMO to Improve UK Healthcare Delivery,” will be presented by Gary James, Director of Informatics at NHS Lincolnshire. Those interested in attending the event may register online.
Part of the UK’s National Health Service, NHS Lincolnshire is responsible for facilitating healthcare access for over 730,000 people. ln the economic downturn, NHS faces significant budget constraints while demand for healthcare services continues to grow at the unrelenting pace of 6-7% per year. In the upcoming webcast, Mr. James will discuss how his organisation established a Programme Management Office (PMO) to manage the business change required to maintain the quality of healthcare delivery while simultaneously cutting costs. Gary will be joined by Kevin Corry, Management Consultant at Mott MacDonald, who have been supporting NHS Lincolnshire in defining and implementing the PMO.
Participants will learn how this business PMO is helping NHS Lincolnshire:
- Increase governance of its £1.2 billion portfolio in annual contract allotments
- Ensure coordination and consistency across inter-departmental service improvement initiatives
- Report progress against the strategic targets of the National Health Service’s QIPP (Quality, Innovation, Prevention, and Productivity) framework
- Implement standard project management processes and metrics across the organisation
- Use PowerSteering’s portfolio management software for programme planning, management and reporting
Past PowerSteering webcasts have featured customers Mercy Medical Center, Merck, and Ingersoll Rand. A library of recorded sessions is available on the PowerSteering website.
About PowerSteering Software
PowerSteering Software is the leader in On-Demand Enterprise PPM software for managing IT- and business-driven PMOs. Its easy-to-use software provides executives at Acosta, Ingersoll Rand, Lloyds Register, UK Highways Agency, US Department of Defense, and over 140 other customers with executive visibility, strategy alignment, and enhanced team productivity to drive strategy and accelerate results across the enterprise.