London (PRWEB UK) 12 June 2013
Join a plethora of highly respected speakers as they discuss topics ranging from the analysis of how the future of Point of Care testing will look and change over the next decade to the different strategies medical trusts are putting in place to increase the use of Point of Care testing within the patient care setting. Identify potential gaps in the market for new technologies and learn how to successfully implement these in a highly competitive market place.
This year’s Point of Care: Innovations of the Future conference will focus on technologies aimed at treating infectious diseases, with a focus on the rapid identification and ‘on the spot’ diagnosis of infectious diseases such as HIV and TB. This year’s event will take a look at what strategies different healthcare trusts are implementing to increase the usage of Point of Care testing and diagnosis at the site of the patient.
- Identify key industry trends and market opportunities
- Discover new technological applications and the latest advances in device technology
- Learn how to overcome potential barriers to commercialisation of a new technology
- Gain an insight into the future of POC technologies
- Understand the benefits of non-invasive patient testing and how new profiling technologies lead to a better personalised treatment approach
EXPERT SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- David Huckle, Chief Executive, Adams Business Associates
- Maurice O’Kane, Consultant Chemical Pathologist /Director for Research and Development, Western Health and Social Care Trust
- Mohammad Al-Ubaydli, CEO, Patients Know Best
- Kavita Oberoi, Founder and Managing Director, Oberoi Consulting
- Gillian Hall, POCT Coordinator, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
- Tony Gibson, Scientific Director, North East Pathology Network Coordinator
- Per Simonsson, Professor of Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital MAS
- Phil Lefebvre, Senior Manager, Business Development, Abbott Laboratories
- Nigel Sansom, Senior Manager, Celaris Biosystems
- Jose Manuel Costa, Associate Professor, University of Oviedo
- Roger Peck, Technical Officer, PATH
- Bernard Branson, Associate Director for Laboratory Diagnostics, Centre for Disease Control
- John Clarkson, CEO, Atlas Genetics
- Brian Winn, Partner, NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement
- John Rippeth, Principle Consultant, PA Consulting
For the full conference programme and further information please visit: http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2013pointofcare54.asp.
Alternatively contact: Darryl Moxon on +44 20 7827 6066 or email dmoxon(at)smi-online(dot)co.uk.
For Sponsorship opportunities please contact: Alia Malick on +44 (0)20 7827 6168 or email amalick(at)smi-online(dot)co.uk.
About SMi Group
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and Online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries.
We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. We hold events in over 30 major cities throughout the world including London, Paris and Singapore and to date have welcomed over 200,000 participants from 80 countries.
For more information, please visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk.