IOTA's Top Design Tips for Garden Planters shows that garden pots and planters can be much more than just decorative - we hope that gardeners everywhere will be inspired!
Bristol, UK (PRWEB) February 7, 2008
Kate Hancock, Marketing Director recently released IOTA's Top Design Tips for Garden Planters. IOTA's stylish modern planters have featured in numerous schemes -- from designs for small private gardens, to landscaping plans for complex commercial developments. The creative possibilities are endless, but most design applications can be classified within five generic themes. These five themes are IOTA's Top Design Tips for Garden Planters:
1) Use Planters to Frame a Doorway. This is a tried and tested way to create a good first impression, and topiary and other formal planting always works well. In glass-fronted buildings, planters can also signpost the entrance, and protect an open glass door.
2) Multiply the Impact of Planters with 'Repeat Planting'. Linear repetition of the same pot/plant combination is commonly used in contemporary schemes, and is always effective. Repeat planting can also be used to unify the look across different areas within a scheme.
3) Define and Divide Space with Planters. Planters can be used to physically enclose an area - an alternative to walling and fencing. Planters can also create discrete areas within open spaces; and can be used to define and signpost key elements within a scheme.
4) Group Planters to Create a Design Focal Point. A group of planters looks best when unified by shape, colour, or common planting scheme. Alternatively, clusters of identical planters can work well with different, complementary planting -- perhaps changed seasonally, for enduring colour and interest.
5) Use Planters to Relieve Large Areas of Hard Landscaping. Sometimes, in an environment of hard surfaces and straight lines, planted containers can provide relief in the form of colour and softness. And, if maintenance allows, seasonal planting can give commercial projects a welcoming look.
Said Kate Hancock: "IOTA's Top Design Tips for Garden Planters shows that garden pots and planters can be much more than just decorative - we hope that gardeners everywhere will be inspired!" As 'pictures speak a thousand words', IOTA have illustrated their tips with images in the pdf version of this article.
IOTA is a leading international designer and manufacturer of contemporary garden art and planters, and their products feature in numerous schemes worldwide for private residences, blue-chip corporations, public authorities and the hotel and leisure industry. Ranges include modern garden art, and exclusive ranges of contemporary garden pots, planters and water features. Their clients include high-profile designers, landscape architects, and garden centres - and IOTA's products are also available to the general public, via their website.
For more information, contact:
Kate Hancock, Marketing Director
mail @ iotagarden.com
+44 1934 522617