Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) July 12, 2011
PowerSteering Software, the leading provider of business-driven project & portfolio management (PPM) solutions, today announced a 163% increase in new business in Q2 2011 vs. the same quarter last year. The solid results were driven by a record number of new customer wins and significant customer expansion.
Companies across a wide spectrum of industries including healthcare, insurance, utilities, education, and food services selected PowerSteering’s business-driven software to accelerate results, and to achieve the full strategic and financial value of PPM.
“Our Q2 sales performance exceeded our projections, and it’s especially gratifying to see PowerSteering prevail in so many highly competitive evaluations,” reflected Stephen Sharp, PowerSteering's Chief Executive Officer. “We’re very well positioned for growth and already seeing the positive market impact of receiving the highest possible rating in Gartner’s recent MarketScope for Project and Portfolio Management Applications.”¹
Select new customers acquired during the quarter include:
- Columbus McKinnon: A leading worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of material handling systems and services.
- Church Pension Group: Provides comprehensive, cost-effective retirement, health, and life insurance benefits to its clergy and lay employees.
- Mad Catz Interactive: A global provider of innovative interactive entertainment products.
- NACR: The leading independent integrator of best-in-class communications, collaboration, and customer interaction solutions for businesses.
- Sara Lee: A $9 billion global manufacturer of brand-name consumer products with 20,000 worldwide employees.
- Sentara Healthcare: A not-for-profit health system serving residents across Virginia and northeastern North Carolina.
- Texas A&M University: One of the largest higher education systems in the nation, with a statewide network of 11 universities, seven state agencies and a comprehensive health science center.
¹Gartner, Inc., "MarketScope for Project and Portfolio Management Applications" by Daniel B. Stang, June 13, 2011.
About PowerSteering Software
PowerSteering Software is the leader in business-driven project & portfolio management (PPM) solutions for managing IT Governance, New Product Development, Performance Improvement, and other Business PMO initiatives. Its easy-to-use software provides executives at BayCare, Johnson Controls, Merck, PolyOne, Shaw Industries, UK National Health Service, US Department of Defense, and over 140 other customers with executive visibility, strategy alignment, and team productivity to drive strategy and accelerate results across the organization.
# # #