Hundreds of clients rely on Prism Patch Manager to reduce organizational risk and ensure compliance by protecting valuable information and IT systems from today’s dynamic threat environment.
Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) June 11, 2010
New Boundary Technologies® today released Prism Patch Manager® 7.0. Prism Patch Manager is a complete, highly scalable software patch management solution that proactively, automatically and accurately secures Windows systems from software vulnerabilities. Prism Patch Manager 7.0 features a new content architecture, enhanced installation flexibility and improved user interface.
Hundreds of clients rely on Prism Patch Manager to reduce organizational risk and ensure compliance by protecting valuable information and IT systems from today’s dynamic threat environment. The simple software also dramatically improves IT productivity and control over patch management activities, and lowers the cost of IT infrastructure maintenance.
Prism Patch Manager has long included an intelligent patch wizard that quickly and easily installs patches from one of the world’s largest patch repositories. The software’s patented vulnerability assessment technology more accurately details threat detections than existing tools.
Prism Patch Manager 7.0 Updates
New Content Architecture
- Remediation packages download directly from original vendors and are available within hours after vendor release.
- Application patch support includes the broadest Adobe product coverage in the industry.
- Multi-language packages ensure concurrent domestic and international package delivery.
- All patch titles match Windows Update titles.
Enhanced Installation Flexibility
- Product installation supports Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2003 servers.
- Product installation supports using existing SQL servers, either local or remote. If no SQL server exists, SQL 2008 Express installs automatically.
- Download storage location for remediation patches is configurable during installation.
Improved User Interface
- Dashboard drill-down capabilities detail vulnerabilities and other key information.
- Re-designed, workflow-based console delivers smoother, more intuitive navigation.
- Re-designed menus feature mouse-over dropdowns; submenus are better organized.
- Reports are categorically organized, with select reporting in PDF format.
Visit New Boundary Technologies’ website for a free, fully functioning 30-day trial of Prism Patch Manager. Prism Patch Manager is part of New Boundary Technologies’ Prism Suite® of desktop management solutions. Prism Suite also includes Prism Deploy® and Prism Asset Manager®.
About New Boundary Technologies
New Boundary Technologies® develops innovative software solutions for PC configuration management and remote equipment monitoring and control. The company’s Prism Suite® automates software deployment, asset management and patch management. PwrSmart™ is a simple, automated PC power management solution that centrally controls PC power settings and energy consumption. Policy Commander® automates computer security policy enforcement. Radiem® technology powers the company’s FleetVista™ and TankVista™ products, which monitor and control remote and mobile equipment via wireless Internet. Founded in 1985, New Boundary Technologies is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn. For more information, visit newboundary.com or call 800-747-4487.