Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) December 9, 2008
Upsher-Smith announces the launch of prenexa.com, a web site devoted to PreNexa™, the first and only single capsule prenatal vitamin with more plant-based DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) than any other prenatal vitamin.(1-6)
Some of the attractions on prenexa.com include:
- PreNexa™ features and benefits
- Information on plant-based DHA
- Free PreNexa™ samples for healthcare providers
Advantages of Plant-Based DHA
Plant-based DHA is derived directly from algae grown in fermentation tanks. This avoids the worries you may have about oceanborne contaminants or toxins, which may be associated with fish-based DHA.(7) Fish-based DHA is obtained by extracting DHA from fish oil after fish have eaten algae and are processed in variable filtration.(8)
PreNexa™ DHA eliminates the risk of fish and shellfish allergies--one of the most widespread allergies in the US.(9) PreNexa™ DHA contains no fish oil, unlike many other prenatal vitamins, which can leave a fishy smell and taste.(10)
Free Samples for Healthcare Providers
Prenexa.com includes a vehicle for healthcare professionals to request and receive PreNexa™ samples to support patient trial and use. Visit prenexa.com to obtain free samples.
About Upsher-Smith Laboratories
Upsher-Smith is an established and rapidly growing, privately held company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It is a fully integrated pharmaceutical company with expertise in product development, formulations research, clinical research, pharmacovigilance, manufacturing, marketing and sales, as well as legal, regulatory affairs and quality assurance. Upsher-Smith's core focus has traditionally been on developing branded and generic products in the therapeutic areas of women's health, dermatology, cardiology and neurology, and actively pursuing product development opportunities in disorders of the central nervous system.
Important Safety Information
Please see accompanying full Prescribing Information for a complete list of warnings and precautions.
Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. KEEP THIS PRODUCT OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
1. PreNexa (package insert). Minneapolis, MN: Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc; 2008.
2. CitraNatal DHA (package insert). San Antonio, TX: Mission Pharmacal Company; 2007.
3. Duet DHAec (package insert). Newport, KY: Xanodyne Pharmaceuticals, Inc; 2007.
4. Prenate DHA (package insert). Atlanta, GA: Sciele Pharma, Inc; 2007.
5. PrimaCare Advantage (package insert). St. Louis, MO: Ther-Rx Corporation; 2008.
6. PrimaCare One (package insert). St. Louis, MO: Ther-Rx Corporation; 2007.
7. Environmental Defense Fund. Fish oil supplements. edf.org/page.cfm?tagID=16536. Accessed October 9, 2008.
8. Martek Biosciences Corporation. Data on file.
9. The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. aaaai.org/patients/resources/easy_reader/food.pdf. Accessed September 9, 2008.
10. Harris WS. Fish oil supplementation: evidence for health benefits. Cleve Clin J Med. 2004;71:208-221.
# # #