"The heart of the Presagis philosophy is the delivery of open, integrated software that help increase project efficiency and reduce project timelines by allowing users to streamline their development process," says Nick Giannias, VP at Presagis
London, UK (PRWEB) May 18, 2010
Presagis™, a leading provider of commercial-off-the shelf (COTS) modeling, simulation and embedded graphics solutions, continues to lead the market in delivery of open, scalable and interoperable COTS tools across its entire product portfolio of well-known brands (Terra Vista™, Creator™, Vega Prime™, STAGE™, VAPS® XT, and AI.implant™) for the development of modeling and simulation applications.
“The heart of the Presagis philosophy is the delivery of open, integrated software that help increase project efficiency and reduce project timelines by allowing users to streamline their development process,” says Nick Giannias, Vice President of Research & Technology at Presagis. “This requires an unwavering focus on our customers’ needs for flexible, interoperable tools based on industry standards that can be used in application development in a seamless way. Presagis is excited to be at the forefront of the industry’s move away from fragmented, proprietary point products; our tools are designed to let project teams focus on their projects.”
Presagis offers a unique, consolidated approach to the development and delivery of software that prioritizes open standards, scalable architecture and deep cross-product interoperability. Customers benefit from unified support and service across the company’s integrated product portfolio while also having the flexibility to leverage out-of-the-box integrations with leading 3rd party applications from vendors such as Scalable Network Technologies, CMLabs, and Scalable Display Technologies, among many others. Moreover, the global footprint of Presagis means that developers all over the world can access local support from the same company that created their software.
The company’s newly released software will be on display this week at Presagis stand J110 at ITEC (London U.K., May 18-20, 2010). Visitors to the Presagis booth will get a first look at:
- Presagis Vega Prime 4.0 The latest release of the company’s flagship visualization toolkit provides seamless support of out-the-window (OTW) scene content in Common Database (CDB) format, in addition to other popular formats including OpenFlight, MetaFlight, and TerraPage. Vega Prime 4.0 also offers new rotor effects for enhanced realism in helicopter training applications; as well as out-of-the-box support for DIS/HLA, providing native interoperability with other simulation software.
- Presagis Creator4.1 and Terra Vista 6.1 Users can take advantage of enhanced support for P3D models for use with Bohemia Interactive’s VBS2. Seamless interoperability between these two tools means that users can create high fidelity P3D models from Creator and import them into Terra Vista for use in their VBS2 databases. Also delivered in Terra Vista 6.1 is ongoing support of key industry standards including OneSAF Terrain Format version 8.0 (OTF-8).
- Presagis FlightSIM 10.1 and HeliSIM 6.1 OTW view capabilities of high fidelity COTS fixed- and rotary-wing simulation models have been augmented to leverage advanced visualization functions offered in Vega Prime. Simulation developers can now benefit from the flexibility and scalability offered by this industry-standard visualization tool.
- STAGE 6.0 Further augments interoperability with deeper integrations of AI.implant, Creator, SIM OneNet, as well as partner technologies from Boston Dynamics (DI-Guy) and Scalable Network Technologies (Qualnet). This major release offers an out-of-the-box 2D and 3D viewer based on Vega Prime while also ensuring that users can seamlessly incorporate a multitude of data and models into scenarios to create large-scale urban, air and marine simulations, quickly, reliably and predictably.
- STAGE High Density (HD) Addresses the demands of the most rigorous large-scale simulation projects. Benefitting from over 20 years of expertise in high performance computing, parallel processing, and optimization techniques, STAGE HD offers the ability to simulate up to 10 times the number of active systems. Using an innovative approach, this solution provides a large bank of processing power allowing users to further maximize their investment across simulation applications.
- AI.implant 5.6 Enhancements offer new entities and behaviors for vehicles and people that ease development of complex simulations involving artificial intelligence. Built-in correlation with STAGE 6.0 through CDB support provides AI.implant users with a seamless simulation development workflow out-of-the-box.
Presagis invites ITEC attendees to experience the capability and flexibility of Presagis tools first-hand during our integrated application demonstrations at stand J110:
- Helicopter Pilot Technology Demonstrator This helicopter turnkey IG system, developed using HeliSIM, Vega Prime and VAPS XT, provides a highly interactive and realistic helicopter demonstrator with a 3-channel blended display image generator and large curved projection screen. Visitors will be encouraged to try their hand at flying this high-fidelity Bell 412 heli model.
- Unmanned Aerial System (UVS) Ground Control Station Demonstration This demo is an example of the power of the integrated Presagis COTS software portfolio, combined with CDB to create an immersive training environment. Products used in the development of this system include STAGE, FlightSIM, Vega Prime, VAPS XT, the Worldwide Database and Utilities Manager.
ITEC attendees interested in learning more about the Common Database (CDB) can register to attend the on-site CDB User Group taking place on Wednesday May 19th at 9am: http://www.presagis.com/about_us/events/
Presagis is a global leader providing commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) modeling, simulation and embedded graphics solutions to the aerospace and defense markets and is the only developer to deliver a unified COTS software portfolio based on open-standards. Presagis combines cutting-edge technology with innovative services to help customers streamline development workflows, reduce project risks, create detailed models and complex simulations, in addition to developing DO-178B certifiable applications. The company services more than 1,000 active customers worldwide, including many of the world's most respected organizations such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Airbus, BAE Systems and CAE. For more information, visit http://www.presagis.com.