Our distribution partners seek credible sources of fresh content, while our customers are seeking visibility on relevant sites
Lanham, MD (PRWEB) November 30, 2010
PRWeb has added five new distribution partners to its syndication network, the online news distribution service of Vocus (NASDAQ: VOCS), announced today. PRWeb will provide each partner with a custom feed, based on relevant topics or their choosing, for publication on their own news networks. PRWeb provides a valuable source of editorially reviewed content to its partners and PRWeb’s customers receive the benefit of increased distribution.
“Our distribution partners seek credible sources of fresh content, while our customers are seeking visibility on relevant sites,” said Jiyan Wei, director of Product Management with PRWeb. “This has enabled PRWeb to develop a large distribution network – a network we have the ability to grow because our editorial staff works directly with our customer to ensure their content is newsworthy.”
The five new distribution partners PRWeb is announcing are:
- RedOrbit provides stimulating, original content and presentation, with over 1,500,000 pages covering the vast ideological spectrums of space, science, health, and technology. RedOrbit.com averages over 5 million unique visitors per month. With subject matter of an intellectually nature, the average RedOrbit.com visitors tend to be well educated, between the ages of 25 and 55, with a median income significantly higher than that of Internet users as a whole.
- Allvoices is a global community that shares news, videos, images and opinions tied to news events and people. Like its namesake, Allvoices is an open and highly relevant social media site "unedited by humans", where anyone can report and add their voice from anywhere.” The site receives 8.1 million unique monthly visitors according to Quantcast.
- Benzinga is one of the fastest growing financial news and analysis service covering financial markets. The service features content from industry experts and experienced analysts while also covering the news of the day.
- Shareholders Foundation is a portfolio monitoring service for institutional and individual investors. They offer professional portfolio monitoring and custom reporting for institutional investors including claim filing services. The site is designed to help investors find answers and options involving investments which are involved in some form of legal action. This website was designed to help you find the news, case, and case investigation information affecting your investments.
- SaaS Newswire is a dedicated online resource for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) companies and the news that they are trying to communicate to everyone from researchers to consumers, prospects as well as various media looking for the next best company to write about or cover on their own network.
PRWeb serves 30,000 customers – of which upwards of 80 percent are small- and medium-sized businesses. The service provides users with an easy to uses platform for distributing multimedia rich content with social sharing elements. PRWeb’s network makes online news releases available to more than 80 million unique visitors and 300,000 opt-in direct subscribers including reporters and bloggers.
Other recent distribution partners that PRWeb has announced include financial news content providers FinancialContent and the StreetInsider.com. For more information on becoming a PRWeb distribution partner, please visit the distribution partnerships page on PRWeb.com, where publishers can get free access to content via RSS as well as sign-up to become a full content partner.
PRWeb is recognized as a leading online news and press release distribution service worldwide. Since 1997, PRWeb has been changing the way businesses, marketing departments and public relations firms think about press releases. PRWeb was the first company to develop a distribution strategy around direct-to-consumer communication and to build and offer a platform for search engine optimized press release distribution. PRWeb is an online news distribution service of Vocus, Inc., a leading provider of on-demand public relations management software. For more information, go to prweb.com.
Vocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: VOCS) is a leading provider of on-demand marketing and PR software. Our web-based software suite helps organizations of all sizes to fundamentally change the way they communicate with both the media and the public, optimizing their visibility and increasing their ability to measure its impact. Our on-demand software addresses the critical functions of earned marketing including media relations, news distribution, news monitoring and social media. We deliver our solutions over the Internet using a secure, scalable application and system architecture, which allows our customers to eliminate expensive up-front hardware and software costs and to quickly deploy and adopt our on-demand software. Vocus is used by more than 30,000 organizations worldwide and is available in seven languages. Vocus is based in Lanham, MD with offices in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, please visit vocus.com or call (800) 345-5572.
This release contains "forward-looking" statements that are made pursuant to the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These are statements that are predictive in nature, that depend upon or refer to future events or conditions, or that include words such as "may," "will," "expects," "projects," "anticipates," "estimates," "believes," "intends," "plans," "should," "seeks," and similar expressions. This press release contains forward-looking statements relating to, among other things, Vocus’ expectations and assumptions concerning future financial performance. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that may cause actual future results to differ materially from those projected or contemplated in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements may be significantly impacted by certain risks and uncertainties described in Vocus' filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
The risks and uncertainties referred to above include, but are not limited to, risks associated with possible fluctuations in our operating results and rate of growth, our history of operating losses, interruptions or delays in our service or our Web hosting, our business model, breach of our security measures, the emerging market in which we operate, our relatively limited operating history, our ability to hire, retain and motivate our employees and manage our growth, competition, our ability to continue to release and gain customer acceptance of new and improved versions of our service, successful customer deployment and utilization of our services, fluctuations in the number of shares outstanding, our ability to integrate acquisitions, foreign currency exchange rates and interest rates.