The new iPad is a dream come true for people who enjoy the wealth of newspapers and magazines that PressReader has to offer. The breathtaking resolution of the new iPad Retina Display means that text is razor-sharp text at any zoom level.
Vancouver, Canada (PRWEB) April 05, 2012
As millions of iPad users unbox and enjoy their third-generation iPads, NewspaperDirect has just released a significant update of its PressReader digital newspaper and magazine application, which is now live in the Apple iTunes App Store. The latest version, PressReader 3.1, adds a slew of new features that make the more than 2,000 full-content digital replica editions an even more compelling read on the iPad.
“The new iPad is a dream come true for people who enjoy the wealth of newspapers and magazines that PressReader has to offer. The breathtaking resolution of the new iPad Retina Display means that we can render razor-sharp text, at any zoom level,” said Alex Kroogman, CEO of NewspaperDirect. “Our new SmartFlow technology really shines at high resolution, and the integration with the best clipping applications like Evernote raises the bar for every other news app out there.”
New features added in PressReader 3.1 include:
- PressReader is now optimized for the new “Retina Display” resolution of the next-generation iPad. Pages, text views and images are rendered at 264 pixels per inch, resulting in amazing clarity, even when zoomed in.
- Instant translation of full publications in up to 12 languages is now possible when a title is opened. Or, a reader can choose to auto-translate all publications into a specific language with the ability to specify language exceptions.
- Clipping App integration enables any article to be captured and synced across devices. Articles can also be emailed or shared using Twitter or Facebook.
“Clipping Web pages is one of the most popular ways of saving information in Evernote. PressReader does a beautiful job of extending this functionality, making it easy for users to read and clip newspaper and magazine articles on their iPads,” said Seth Hitchings, VP of platform strategy, Evernote. “The Evernote integration is seamless, and the clipped content can be searched and read in Evernote on any computer or mobile device. We recommend readers also try our Clearly app, which creates an optimal reading experience for articles, blog posts, and any other content you interact with online.”
Watch this video to see the numerous innovations included in this release. These new capabilities add to the industry-leading list of features that make PressReader the most immersive, rich and rewarding way to enjoy world’s widest assortment of newspapers and magazines on the iPad:
- SmartFlow advanced reading technology – a major innovation that led to PressReader being voted the “Best Newspaper App Ever for iOS.” SmartFlow goes beyond the traditional replica newspaper presentation by displaying articles as a continuous, horizontal stream of stories that flow across the iPad, completely transforming the reading experience. Visual cues indicate the relative importance of individual stories, and SmartFlow surfaces related content that might otherwise be missed. With the addition of SmartFlow, PressReader gives readers more choices on how they consume their favorite newspapers and magazines – either using the Replica View (preferred by more traditional readers), or the SmartFlow view (designed for digital natives who value the content of the publication, but want a more fluid presentation of it).
- SmartZoom automatically positions the zoomed-in view to the beginning of an article
- Instant switching between Replica/Page View and SmartFlow viewing
- Press and hold (i.e. Long Press) activation of contextually driven actions:
− Wirelessly print full pages or articles through AirPrint
− Share stories by email or on Facebook or Twitter
− Listen to articles using on-demand audio
− Copy and paste articles into popular clipping applications such as Evernote
− Share opinions by supporting or opposing a story
- Two-finger Pinch to adjust font and image sizes
- Choice of different font types
- Cross-title keyword search
- Authorization of PressReader with a PressDisplay.com subscription
PressReader for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available as a free download in the Apple iTunes App Store. Download it today and, as new user, receive seven free publications from an enormous selection, which includes prestigious publications such as The Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, The Philadelphia Inquirer, National Post, The Globe and Mail, The Guardian, Daily Mail, International Herald Tribune, The Irish Times, ABC, La Tribune, Le Monde, Harpers Bazar, India Today, Money Today, Inside Golf and The Australian, to name just a few.
Most individual newspapers and magazines available through PressReader can be purchased for $0.99 per issue, or downloaded in conjunction with a paid subscription on PressDisplay.com, which offers virtually unlimited access to the world’s press for as little as $29.95/month (USD). For full details on subscription pricing, visit our subscription page.
Evernote is helping the world remember everything by building innovative products and services that allow individuals to capture, find and interact with their memories. Evernote apps are available on all major computer, web, mobile, and tablet platforms. For more information, please visit: http://www.evernote.com
PressReader is the companion offline application for the world’s largest online newspaper and magazine newsstand, PressDisplay.com. PressReader delivers the most authentic newspaper-reading experience on PCs, Macs, smartphones, Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad), BlackBerry devices (Bold, Curve, Storm and PlayBook), the Windows 7 Slate PC, and the latest Google Android-based handhelds and tablets. Today, millions of tablets come pre-installed with PressReader from a growing list of major manufacturers including ASUS, HTC, Kobo, Microsoft, RIM, and Samsung. With PressReader, you can hold a digital edition of your favourite publication in your hands and read it from cover to cover, just the way the title was printed — with no compromises in quality, fidelity or content. Whenever PressReader, or its online service, PressDisplay.com, supports a new device, it is also made available to NewspaperDirect’s publishing partners for their own SmartEdition e-editions based on PressReader technology.
About NewspaperDirect Inc.
NewspaperDirect delivers the world's newspapers and magazines to millions of readers the way they want to receive them — in print, online, or on their mobile device, tablet or eReader — wherever they live, travel, work or play. With the most innovative digital publishing technology in the industry and the only zero operational-cost business model, NewspaperDirect is recognized as the world leader in multichannel content distribution and monetization, and is the chosen partner of more than 2,000 publishers from 95 countries. Follow us on Facebook.com/pressreader, Twitter @pressdisplay, and YouTube.com/user/pressdisplay.